Network Rendering - GI & region rendering (?) issues

Started by ahoerl, January 14, 2016, 10:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahoerl

Dear Luxion (network rendering team)!

Bug report:
===========

I have problems using network Rendering (not with local rendering or local queue).
Take a look at the images - i have different Gamma/GI values per network slave (?).

I use "interior mode", global illumination for the renderings. In my past (Autodesk) I had such problems too.
I was able to "solve" (avoid) the problem when I used one PC per frame. It had something to do with the GI-Caching.
I never found a real solution.

BUT:
I did not found an option to set 1 PC per frame (disable regions) on the Keyshot master (hidden startup switch, whatever).

I would be happy for the moment, if there is some hidden switch to nail one image down to one PC.
I have to render about 25.000 images until mid February - a quick solution would be very nice :)

Thanks in advance!

--> I have sent detailed information & KSP to support@luxion.com

shawn28

Having exact issue, and only started recently. Any updates on this? Also logged a ticket with support.

guest84672

The first thing you should do is upgrade KeyShot and network rendering - you are 2 updates behind.

You may not need interior mode for these renderings. Product lighting may be enough.

shawn28

Realize you're talking to original poster, but we just purchased and downloaded Keyshot and Network Rendering this week. Worked fine for three days, now we have stripes! Then we moved the master service to another machine and it worked for three renders. . .now stripes again! I've even completely swapped out all of the slaves (yeah, we have a few machine laying around).

Quote from: thomasteger on June 30, 2016, 06:07:44 PM
The first thing you should do is upgrade KeyShot and network rendering - you are 2 updates behind.

You may not need interior mode for these renderings. Product lighting may be enough.

DMerz III

Also having a stripe issue using 6.2.85  :-\ Actually ours are much worse than what you've posted, but seem to be originating from the same 'bug',

We restarted our servers and seemingly fixed the problem, but eventually the problem came back again. Not sure the cause yet. Typically we give our servers a reboot weekly, but this problem is causing us to restart more often, which is not ideal.

Hopefully we can figure out what factors are causing it and give some insight.

noemo

We have the same issue on 6.2.85 (Master & Clients & KS)
We are currently doing interior renderings with 64 cores and additional lights.

I recognize we did not have this Problem in version 5.x from where we switched recently. Do I remember right that in 5.x a rendering was built up from the center of the image and not in horizontal stripes?! Maybe the squares where hiding the effect better then the bands...

PLEASE please FIX THE BUG!!
It makes network rendering useless!

All but the Master are on Win10, the Master is running on Windows Server 2012 R2. The master itself is not rendering, only the clients.

guest84672

As a first step please update to the latest version of KeyShot and NR that has been posted last week.

furmano

Windows 10
Dell PC Intel Xeon
16.0 GB
64-bit
Keyshot 6.2.85
Network Rendering 6.2.105

CAD from SolidWorks 2016 using Live Linking.

Network rendering is having issues including:

Files that have no content
Dropped areas of renderings (blank stripes across image)
Slow rendering time.

Seems like the roll out of network rendering for 6 has been a little shaky. I didn't have these problems with earlier versions.

-F

furmano

Updated Keyshot to 6.2.105.

Still get strips across the image when Network Rendering is used.

But not when rendered locally.

furmano

But when the 3D CAD data is Parasolid XT, the network rendering works.

So one plugin made by Luxion (Live Linking) doesn't seem to work with another plugin made by Luxion (Network Rendering).

-F

APankow

I'm also having this issue but also to the point where those stripes are being filled with previous frames' buffers. It looks like 2 frames tried to render to one file sometimes but other times there is only a black bar or random region distortion as previously mentioned by others.

The logs show no errors and there seems to be no immediate pattern to this. All of our computers are updated to the most recent version of the network rendering service (6.2.105), all Windows 10 Pro x64, and each has the same guts by all the same manufacturers. Stopping the network service and restarting the entire farm did not correct the error.

guest84672

APankow

Unfortunately, I cannot share the contents of the file. But it does this with a blank scene and a simple primitive, as well. All that needs to happen for us to have this issue is multiple cameras in the same scene set to render on the network. We get it from imported cameras, the VR sequencer, and creating multiple cameras inside Keyshot itself.

APankow

guest84672