Keyshot 6 new materials nodes in action!

Started by GS3D, January 27, 2016, 07:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM-92

Excellent explanation. I will try to replicate this and play with it a little to see how it goes. Thank you !

Edit: It didn't go as expected, but here is my attempt on simulating some worn plastic with scratches

NM-92

I made another test. This time i managed to mask the edges using an oclussion mask and i liked it, a lot. My question is the following. Does anyone know a method to make that mask a little more imperfect, and not so regular ? I think it will improve the realism. Nevermind the scratches, they are too big, i made various tests on this single image.

Josh3D

Will Gibbons

Quote from: NM-92 on March 11, 2016, 08:55:33 AM
I made another test. This time i managed to mask the edges using an oclussion mask and i liked it, a lot. My question is the following. Does anyone know a method to make that mask a little more imperfect, and not so regular ? I think it will improve the realism. Nevermind the scratches, they are too big, i made various tests on this single image.

You should be able to add a noise or scratches procedural into the mix. If you haven't yet, watch this for more info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5umbUNOT6HI

NM-92

Yes, i watched that webinar Will, i got some tips from there. But still, if you watch the final image, the occluded areas are too perfect, it's a constant radius in the entire edge. That's what i want to modify.