Keyshot 6 new materials nodes in action!

Started by GS3D, January 27, 2016, 07:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GS3D

It's nice to finally create multi-layer materials.

Josh3D

Looks rockin :) Welcome to the KeyShot forum. Certainly looking forward to seeing more of your work!

NickylQuick

SebasDesign

KeyShot

feher

VERY VERY nice use of the material graph.
It's a keeper
Tim

jhiker

Terrific example! I think maybe the hex bolt heads could do with a bit of attention to improve it further - they look a bit too pristine amongst all that grungy material!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Oh my, that's some lovely looking metal textures! Really nice job!

syrom

Man.... id love to see the light setup.   :[

NM-92

This is fantastic. What kind of textures do you use to do this ? I always have problems with the tiling and it looks very unrealistic.

GS3D

Quote from: jhiker on January 28, 2016, 01:14:16 AM
Terrific example! I think maybe the hex bolt heads could do with a bit of attention to improve it further - they look a bit too pristine amongst all that grungy material!

I think you're right. I could have spent a little more time on the bolts heads to bring their textures at the same level of details.

GS3D

Quote from: syrom on January 28, 2016, 12:39:13 PM
Man.... id love to see the light setup.   :[
I usually create simple light setup. In this case I used one of the new environment HDR that came with Keyshot 6 plus one Area Light Diffuse emitting from a disk for some extra kick light inside the tub.

GS3D

Quote from: NM-92 on March 06, 2016, 08:33:08 PM
This is fantastic. What kind of textures do you use to do this ? I always have problems with the tiling and it looks very unrealistic.
Using tiled textures you need to play with them until you find the right combination of size, orientation and visibility. When used to break up the perfection of CG materials they need to be subtle, sometimes almost invisible. Even then they don't always work.
For the black plastic tub I used a tileble plastic scratches texture pluged to the color of a Mold-tech material. I believe I could have achieved a better result with custom textures, but I was enough satisfied by the tiled texture that I didn't bother any further.
Now for the red metal paint, that's another story. I really wanted to test the new node based Material Graph here (screenshot attached). So I've painted custom textures using Mari and layered them in the Material Graph using a metal material as the base and a plastic material for the painted parts. B&W  alpha textures were used to reveil the bare metal underneath the paint.