link camera to object?

Started by andy.engelkemier, January 29, 2016, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy.engelkemier

I haven't really animated in Keyshot yet, so maybe this is obvious. I need to have the animation of a camera match the animation of an object. This is incredibly easy in, well, every other 3D application I've ever used. But cameras seem like they might be treated like their own "wizard-only" kind of objects instead of being able to treat them like the rest of the animation.

I feel like the whole animation process is quite cumbersome, but perhaps I don't quite grasp how the workflow is intended to work.

Can camera's be treated as objects, or at least be parented to an object? If this isn't capable, then I'll need to jump ship quickly and get this done in something else.

syrom

Im trying to find out in how much freedom we have with the cameras aswell. Very little feedback sadly.

andy.engelkemier

well, at least people didn't reply with the ever popular, "why don't you just do [something else that won't really help you in any way]"

That's usually what I get. I'd really like it if you could basically convert a camera to an object, or at least link it to one. Although, Keyshot really needs to fix pivot points first. It ends up taking too much time having to import a new object for every pivot point you want, then takes several more clicks, and likeliness that things will go wrong along the way. Keyshot is fine for a basic rotate of one thing. Past that I end up back in 3dsMax. I also can't get rendertimes down efficiently on Keyshot, so if it's more than just renderings, I end up heading back to vray. I keep hoping I can ditch the extra cost for other software, but I always end up needing it.