listener window for scripting

Started by andy.engelkemier, February 19, 2016, 07:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy.engelkemier

I just started typing something, then I realized you guys already coded up some script items.

I need a hotkey for doing the same task over and over. It Should be something really easy. I select a material from the scene tree, then I just want to select objects with that material, then run center and fit with that selection. That's it. Being a script, it's probably best to be sure and deselect first just in case.

I'd love to see commands that are run in a window so I can have a good idea which functions to call in the script. I'm not a programmer. But this should be a pretty easy task even though I don't know python. The biggest challenge for any language is always learning which commands you can actually call.

I think I want GetMaterial here, but I'm not sure if selecting something in the material actually selects a note, since you can have an object selected And a material. So I'd love a listener of some sort. It would greatly help figure out what things are called.
I'm not looking to do math of any sort here. Many times I really just need something more like an action/macro basically like photoshop has. Well, exactly like Photoshop has.