Shortcuts/Hotkeys

Started by GreyJay, February 25, 2016, 10:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreyJay

Hi all.  I'm wondering if anyone knows of away to modify or add keyboard shortcuts/hotkeys to KeyShot?  I am aware of the basics/defaults, which can be accessed via "K". But I'd like to customize these and add new ones

Thanks

SYSTEM: OSX 10.10.5, 3.2GHZ Intel Core i5, 24GB RAM
KEYSHOT: Version  6

mattjgerard

If you are on a mac, you can add shortcuts to any item available in the dropdown menus at the top of the interface "File, Edit, Environment.."etc through the system preferences under the Keyboards pane, in the shortcuts tab. Go to the App Shortcuts in the left column, and click the + button on the bottom, add Keyshot as the app, then start adding your shortcuts. Just rememeber to type the Menu command you are adding exactly as it appears in the menu interface, including elipses and everything. This does NOT work for right click (CTRL+click) menus, just menu bar items.

I am now working on a PC and I really miss that functionality. Keyshot is very light on keyboard shortcuts in general and it drives me NUTS!!!

Good luck!

Matt

guest84672

"KeyShot is very light on keyboard short cuts" - can you please explain?

We will have customizable hotkeys available in KeyShot 7.

mattjgerard

Quote from: thomasteger on February 08, 2017, 11:36:58 AM
"KeyShot is very light on keyboard short cuts" - can you please explain?

We will have customizable hotkeys available in KeyShot 7.

Unless I am missing a large subset of shortcuts, I don't see any of them to switch move tools (tumble, pan, rotate), activate render region, activating the move tool and accepting the transformation (which I don't entirely understand why you have to perform the move, then click the green check mark to accept it, if you don't like it just hit undo)

Things of that sort. Granted I'm coming from Cinema 4D which has probably one of the best shortcut system out there, along with their SHIFT+C function lookup feature that's just awesome.

Knowing that custom shortcuts is coming in KS7, that will alleviate a lot of my personal little gripes. Just make everything possible in the program available with a keyboard shortcut, and efficiency freaks like me will completely nerd out and sing your praises! 

mattjgerard

Of course, I now went in and did more searching and finding out that having a true 3 button mouse would help in my navigation issues, it would still be nice to be able to customize these to match other softwares we use. Getting older, so the more I can keep the same the better :)

richardfunnell

My primary machine is a Mac, and I can't live without at least a 3 button mouse. Trackpads or mice that don't have true scrolling or right/middle clicking drive me kind of crazy.

In my experience using KeyShot is much, much easier with a 3 button mouse.