Render Layers Blank

Started by Daf57, February 27, 2016, 11:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daf57

Hi,

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but all render layers are coming out blank after rendering. I have gone through scene list and created the layers per object as needed. I have enable the "render layers" in render dialog. Still when I examine the files after the render they are completely blank. See attached for render settings screenshot.

Thanks
Daf
KeyShot Version 6.1.72
System Specs
Windows 7 Pro
i7-4790 4.00GHz
32 GB Ram
GTX-970

Daf57

Just tried again and even the main and clown passes are coming  up black - the others are transparent blank. The real time render is good - why wouldn't the render to files be working???  :-\

Daf57

I changed the output format to tiff and got my regular, depth and clown passes  okay- but the render layers are still blank - actually the first render layer tried to complete (see attached) but only completed about half the object - all other layers are transparent blank.

Awaiting support - thank you
Daf

Daf57

Thanks to Niko at KS support - it appears that the emissive material on the light planes I am using are not transparent and will, in fact, block render layer content. I will try switching to area lights and give it another try. I will report back on progress.

Thank you!
Daf

Daf57

That was indeed the issue! The emissive lights were blocking the objects and causing "blank" render layers. Changed to area lights and all is fine now. :) :)

Thanks!