Main Menu

Cyber arm

Started by Tetsuoo, February 29, 2016, 10:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetsuoo

Hi guys,
Having that nickname, it was on my "todo" list to make 3D something from the animation movie Akira :) So here's a WIP inspired by cyborg design from Katsuhiro Otomo.
This arm when finished will be used on another cyborg model that I've started last year... Maybe, if both styles are compatible enough ^^;
Done entirely with Zbrush, rendered in Keyshot

Josh3D

Great movie! And great start!

Esben Oxholm

Cool model, Tetsuoo.

I think you have a few hanging fruits in regards to making your materials look a bit more realistic.
I believe that especially the scratches could use some work. Try e.g. adding the 'metal_texure' bitmap from the texture library as a bump map and/or roughness map :)

Tetsuoo

Thanks guys
Esben: Yeah I need to work on texturing, I'm not satisfied by my use of curvature node and scratches.
Right now I was experimenting with a kind of hand-made noise in Photoshop; Actually roughness is a good idea, thanks a lot I will try that. For now this is how it looks with the noise. I still have a lot to learn.

Tetsuoo

...and here is the result with "metal_texture" bitmap from Keyshot ressources, work great for me :)
I like it but couldn't decide between 2 renders (hate when that happens), with one slightly more reflective:

Josh3D

Much better. I like the more reflective.