Serpent - Joystick Concept

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, March 03, 2016, 02:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM-92

The textures are so perfect. All close ups are full of detail. I see in some images that you are using DoF, that you mentioned on my post,  am i correct ? It looks wonderful, i'm going to try it.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: NM-92 on March 06, 2016, 04:09:09 PM
The textures are so perfect. All close ups are full of detail. I see in some images that you are using DoF, that you mentioned on my post,  am i correct ? It looks wonderful, i'm going to try it.

That is correct yes. Thank you! And good luck:)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Just a tiny update on this guy, inspired by Mr.Oxholms fabulous Cold&Warm lighting setup, and to celebrate a brand new 32" 4k screen inhouse. Got to love that workspace.

So, despite the risk of being repetetive, here's my first 4K render:

bdesign

Wow...this is really superb, Magnus! Love your texturing, especially the detail in the ground material. Bravo!
Man...I just viewed this full rez...incredible!

Eric

Esben Oxholm

Great stuff, Magnus! Glad to be a source of inspiration.

It is a shame that the highlight in the brushed material burns out just in the center. Maybe you can do a second pass with the lighting turned down a bit, render out just that troubled area and then mix it together with the original in photoshop?

Otherwise it is awesome!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: bdesign on April 20, 2016, 04:52:49 AM
Wow...this is really superb, Magnus! Love your texturing, especially the detail in the ground material. Bravo!
Man...I just viewed this full rez...incredible!
Quite the feedback! Thanks Eric:) Much appreciated.

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on April 20, 2016, 05:47:30 AM
It is a shame that the highlight in the brushed material burns out just in the center. Maybe you can do a second pass with the lighting turned down a bit, render out just that troubled area and then mix it together with the original in photoshop?

Thanks for your ever great feedback Esben. I think this is my second strike on a burned out area. Let's not get to a third one.

Either way: I did a region render as you proposed, and tried to patch it to the best of my ability in photoshop. What do you think?

NM-92

I can't notice any "patching lines", or seams, or anything. I think it's perfect.

Esben Oxholm

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: NM-92 on April 20, 2016, 08:15:08 AM
I can't notice any "patching lines", or seams, or anything. I think it's perfect.

Well, there is kind of a dark..well halo around the spot there, but I think it works nonetheless. Thanks!

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on April 20, 2016, 11:33:43 AM
Yeah, way better imo!

Thank you. Always grateful for your keen eyes.

Artur

AMAZING render.
the ground material is perfect for a background.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Artur on April 21, 2016, 12:31:11 AM
AMAZING render.
the ground material is perfect for a background.

Thank you Artur! Appreciate the kind words:)

Chad Holton

This looks fantastic - nice work!  8)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Chad Holton on April 22, 2016, 12:10:41 PM
This looks fantastic - nice work!  8)

Thank you Chad! Much obliged:)