Serpent - Joystick Concept

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, March 03, 2016, 02:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus Skogsfjord

Hello,

I've been working for a while on and off with a joystick design for demo purposes in my job. The main goal is to show off concept design, refinement of the design, and eventually making it production ready, all within NX.

This guy was made using NX Realize Shape, and rendered using KeyShot . Some minor post with Photoshop.

Josh3D

REALLY sharp looking Magnus. Well done!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Josh Mings on March 03, 2016, 08:17:54 AM
REALLY sharp looking Magnus. Well done!
Thank you Josh! And thank you for sharing:)

Despot

Wonderful indeed... I have immense love for the second from last image. I'm even considering using it as my wallpaper, which, let me tell you is highly unusual for me.

Can I PM you ? or email ? :)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Despot on March 04, 2016, 03:43:24 AM
Wonderful indeed... I have immense love for the second from last image. I'm even considering using it as my wallpaper, which, let me tell you is highly unusual for me.
That's a mighty compliment, coming from one of the largest sources of inspiration in this community. Thank you!

Sure, just shoot me an e-mail whenever!

Edit: I feel a bit stupid saying this, bu I'm actually not quite sure how the PM-system works now since the website upgrade, so I would prefer mail.

Despot

You're welcome... and thank you too, I had no idea I was a source of inspiration, more like a source of constipation ;)

OK, I'll email you Magnus :)

fario

Robb63

I have to agree, the second from last image is really amazing!

Justin M

All of them are very nice. Good stuff Magnus!

Esben Oxholm

Please stop improving so fast Magnus!  :P
Looking super cool!

KeyShot

Speedster

Beautiful renderings of a great design!  But that's a given, of course!

It would also make for a killer sink faucet!

Bill G

Magnus Skogsfjord

Thank you all! Really appreciate all the positive feedback:)

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on March 04, 2016, 09:13:01 AM
Please stop improving so fast Magnus!  :P
Looking super cool!

Haha, thank you Esben. Keep in mind that you are part of that "problem" you mention (damn good webinar).

Quote from: Speedster on March 04, 2016, 11:19:33 AM
Beautiful renderings of a great design!  But that's a given, of course!

It would also make for a killer sink faucet!

Thanks Bill! I was thinking of the concept which can be utilized on a wide range of areas, and by that I mean from a simple desktop joystick mouse to a crane cockpit or something similar. A faucet never crossed my mind though. Great input:)

Will Gibbons

Saw this one on Instagram. That 2nd to last one is really my favorite. Awesome details there.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: willgibbonsdesign on March 06, 2016, 08:29:13 AM
Saw this one on Instagram. That 2nd to last one is really my favorite. Awesome details there.

Thank you, Will! Much obliged.