[SOLVED] Stitching frames together to create animation.

Started by Icescream, March 09, 2016, 12:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icescream

Hello Everbody,

I made an animation +- 4mins long (+- 6000 frames)
While it was rendering over night, windows decided it was a good idea to install updates and reboot the system.
Obviously it didn't care that KeyShot was rendering a video.

Now I'm sitting here with a nice folder of 2229 frames. Is there any way I can stitch them together into a working animation?

I really appreciate any help anybody can provide.

Best Wishes,
Icescream

Artur

You can resume the animation in the frame option and resume from the frame you stopped till the end frame.

If you have any doubts I will send you a image of the process.

Icescream

Hey Artur,

Thanks for the quick reply,

I'm currently doing this, will this take the whole folder and make a video? Or will it only make a video of the "resumed frames"?

theAVator

I'm not sure of the answer to the question you asked Artur, but in the meantime, do you have access to video software such Premiere or Final Cut or others? If yes, then you can import all of the frames and stitch them together into a video clip.

I was doing some test renders the other day and had to do that. Luckily I have Premiere Pro CC at my disposal. Worked quite easily, was able to see that what I was doing wasn't worth the end result.

TpwUK

Quote from: theAVator on March 09, 2016, 06:33:38 AM
I'm not sure of the answer to the question you asked Artur, but in the meantime, do you have access to video software such Premiere or Final Cut or others? If yes, then you can import all of the frames and stitch them together into a video clip.

I was doing some test renders the other day and had to do that. Luckily I have Premiere Pro CC at my disposal. Worked quite easily, was able to see that what I was doing wasn't worth the end result.

If you get caught out like this again, and if you are using KS 6.x open the scripting console window and run the 'encode video' script from the scripts provided

Martin

Icescream

Quote from: TpwUK on March 09, 2016, 06:43:36 AM
If you get caught out like this again, and if you are using KS 6.x open the scripting console window and run the 'encode video' script from the scripts provided

Martin

Exactly what I was looking for!
You save me a lot of trouble. you deserve the tag "Hero Member".

Thanks!