Main Menu

Furniture Approach

Started by NM-92, March 09, 2016, 04:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM-92

I'm trying to do some furniture renders. What do you think ?

Artur

@NM-92 the realism is good in the overall environment.
I think the wood texture needs a bit more bump to give extra realism to the scene.

Keep up the great work.

boyd_747

NM-92

Quote from: Artur on March 10, 2016, 01:10:39 AM
@NM-92 the realism is good in the overall environment.
I think the wood texture needs a bit more bump to give extra realism to the scene.

Keep up the great work.

Are you talking about the floor in the second image or the pieces in the first one ? Thank you for the tip.

Artur

@NM-92

The floor and walls are great.
The light is perfect, you should use some diffuse lights to give extra realism to the scene.

NM-92

Oh, ok, i understand. I don't have much experience with diffuse lighting. What geometry is better, or more real to do this ? simple rectangles, discs, point lights ? Thank you !

Finema

really good render !
do you use Interior Preset ?

NM-92

Quote from: Finema on March 11, 2016, 09:59:05 AM
really good render !
do you use Interior Preset ?

Hello Finema, thank you ! The first image was done with the Product Preset. The second one with Interior.

J4y

First one play around with the exposure, ofset, hue, vibrance - etc... the shadows to the far left dont do it justice - reduce it/remove with background colour+layermask/gradiented alpha to black so the shadow doesnt just suddenly disappear.

NM-92

I'm totally a noob with photoshop, but i see the difference, specially on the wood. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Finema

Can you show us the global room ? there is a ceiling ? What kind of environment is using ?
In order to progress, i've tried to reproduce your scene, but i find my render is flabby and less realistic.
I've used Interior preset and 2 spheres with diffuse light zone.

Finema

image here >

NM-92

No problem! I have no ceiling or physical lights. Here is the setup:

It is lit only by a modiffied HDRI with an orange pin.

Here are some things I would correct in the image you posted:
- Wooden floor. Keyshot default is not so good. I'd download a custom tileable texture for that.
- Bump map on the wall seems too high. I have a similar texture on the wall in my scene, and you can barely see it.
- Try adding bump in the table. Not much , it will help with enhancing detail and light bouncing. It should be very discrete.

Hope it helps, good luck with that.

Finema

thanks for this reply
yes i help me
here an other test with cold lights
thanks again

NM-92

Ok now for this image. I like the general scene, but your wall is too reflective, and it burns the render. Try adding some roughness or changing the value of the specular. Also, the floor is too perfect, everything in real life has imperfections, and we have to simulate them in every way we can. Adding a noise, or scratches texture maybe will help, but remember it has to be very subtle.

Another approach to this is lowering the brightness of the environment, and start adding light pins to have a bit more of control of where you want your highlights.

I'm far to be an expert, this is my opinion on how i would do things, so of course i can be totally wrong.