Animation Outputs Crash Video Programs

Started by theAVator, March 16, 2016, 06:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theAVator

I'm in the process of outputting a series of animations that will be combined into 1 video. So far I've rendered about 7 of the 20 total. The problem is that they crash any program I try to import them into. If I try directly importing them into Premiere Pro CC 2015, they crash the program. Same with Prelude CC. I can't even bring them into FormatFactory and convert them to a different format without the conversion failing.

What's the deal? Does KeyShot use some sort of weird/non-standard codecs for encoding videos from animation output??
If you play the files in VLC, they play just fine, but outright crash every editing program. Not even a wiggle of hope, just right click>import>select file>ok>CRASH!!

KS 6 Pro Floating 6.1.65
Dell T7810 (16 core Xeon, 32GB RAM)

Animation output:
1280x720
AVI (MPEG4)
PNG frame output
Max Time rendering

Using Adobe Creative Cloud 2015 (most current versions of all programs)
-Adobe Premiere Pro CC
-Adobe Prelude CC

Thanks in advance!

Chad Holton

That is strange. The only thing that stands out that I can see is that you aren't using the latest KeyShot version. Update when you have a moment and try again. It's a long shot but may help. If it doesn't make any difference, would you be able to share a video file for us to test out?

Also, as a workaround for now, would you be able to work with the frames instead (if updating doesn't work)?

theAVator

Thanks Chad! PM sent regarding update.

Yes, I can work with the frame outputs (I always output the frames just in case something like this pops up). It's an extra step, but at least a simple one to work around.