Main Menu

Watch render

Started by Roshan Hakkim, March 20, 2016, 09:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roshan Hakkim

First post here in the forum.

Doing a test render of my new project. Need to map in more textures and play with the scale of textures too.

In short the idea was to have the hour number rotate around the circumference of the dial. The position of the hour number would indicate roughly the minutes. Was approaching it from the insight that time is omnipresent and ubiquitous nowadays. It is also a statement.

Cheers!

Speedster

As a WIP, it looks about like it should at this stage.

But- being a watch and clock freak myself, I have to say your concept is stunning!  I would definitely own one!

The concept itself dates back to the great 18th Century inventor and statesman Ben Franklin.  He invented a "One-handed" clock, with only one wheel, or gear.  I actually built one many years ago.  He figured that most people would know if it was day or night, and whether it was morning or afternoon.  So heck- keep it simple!  Close enough is good enough!

Yours is a great embodiment of his thinking!  Enough with smart watches, already!

Bill G

Josh3D

Hey! Welcome Roshan. I think this is definitely a great start. I like the background, could try some different ones and add some various lights. Look forward to seeing the final version!

Roshan Hakkim

Hey guys,
Thanks a lot for the feedback. Appreciate all your points.

Did few other test shots meanwhile. Sharing the progress here.

LayC42

Great work - nothing else to say - just stunning!

DMerz III

Awesome! I want to buy one

fario

Roshan Hakkim

Here is another shot which I experimented on with more focus on textures & reflections. There is lots of room for improvement I guess.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: roshan.hakkim on May 23, 2016, 05:32:52 AM
Here is another shot which I experimented on with more focus on textures & reflections. There is lots of room for improvement I guess.

Lots of good marketing-style renderings you have in here. Not over-done. This last one done on the wood surface looks the best in my opinion. The reflections on the watch body and glass look realistic and not cliche. Nice work.

Despot

Missed this thread, very nice indeed, I particularly like '05Sans_Closeupdetail' :)

Roshan Hakkim

Thanks for the kind words everyone. The posts here has really inspired me to work harder on this part of the process. And that is exactly what I am going to use this project for. Testing materials and setups for communication to explore and learn. Thanks for the encouragement!