Main Menu

Philips Series 9000

Started by NM-92, March 22, 2016, 01:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM-92

I stepped with this model a while ago and i decided to take a shot at it. Hope you like it.

Raw

Magnus Skogsfjord

This is really tasty looking. Well done! Tight DoF and nice textures.

If I should point out anything at all with this image, is that I feel you have cropped it slightly too much from the top. In my humble opinion, you would have two options: Either zoom in even more such that the product itself gets cropped, and create an even more dramatic mood. However, that would requre even more from your textures (which currently looks good in my opinion). But the better choice would probably be to give it a bit more space  on the top and/or bottom:)

But to be clear, this is knitpicking. Best work from you so far in my opinion.

NM-92

Hello Magnus, and thank you! I didn't even notice that cropping issue and i think you're right about it. I left this scene floating around my desktop for too long and i tried to apply all that i have learned here in the forum so far. Appreciate you comment.

Edit: Another shot

Josh3D

Yes, looks great! I do like the last one there. Believe we have some Philips designers on the forum who can give some feedback :)

NM-92

Thank you Josh, i'm glad you liked it.

rembem

Yep someone from Philips ......... (where did you get the model from?). Eh, the Philips wordmark ...... that's so wrong haha!
You tried to get a premium feeling, I like it but try to get it to the next level. When you want to look like the product is inside a studio you need to use a studio environment. But the details of the product are really nice.

NM-92

Hello, i found it in grabcad and used the model exactly like i downloaded it. Here's the link https://grabcad.com/library/philips-series-9000-based-shaver-1. I liked the renders that the user posted so i tried to emulate them. The first time i got really frustrated because i couldn't find or tweak an HDRI to suit my needs, so i gave another shot months after and i got the results that you see here. Thank you for your comments though, i'll keep them in mind.