Apollo Twin for Universal Audio

Started by imikej, March 31, 2016, 01:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imikej

Just finished this render for our client, Universal Audio. We are working on filling out their library of image assets–both photography and CGI. No photography in this one (except the starting point for the ground plane). Excited to be presenting at RenderWorld 2016 in May! It will be fun to deconstruct some of our work and meet fellow KeyShot-ians.

Followup:
Thanks for the nice comments! We love UA as a client and this was a fun project. We're going to deconstruct this a bit at RenderWorld (plug for being there–signup). But, I know there have been some requests to address how we did the fabric on the Fender cord. Originally, the geometry wasn't UV Mapped so it was virtually impossible to work with. After a bit of frustration we turned to our friend and often CGI partner Tim Feher for some assistance. Hopefully, Tim will comment and talk about his own frustration with the cord model and how he handled it.

bdesign

Nicely done! Really like the lighting and texturing on this.

Eric

Magnus Skogsfjord

Nicely done indeed. Great texturing. I was kinda drawn towards the clothed(?) cable* at the front here. That guy looks spot on. Not that the rest doesn't. Just a particular favorite.

Speedster

Truly an exceptional job for an exceptional company!  You're doing Universal Audio proud!

I have two UA 6176 units in my recording studio (ya, I wear a lot of hats!), which combine their famous 610B Tube Preamp and the 1176LN Limiting Amp.  Date way back, and are true classics!

Good job!  And yes- the cable is spot on!

Bill G

Esben Oxholm

Cool! Great texturing all over.
Looks like you got the cable to work :)

I feel inspired to do a desktop shot when I look at this.

jhiker

That's a great scene. Love the 'satin' metal finish.
Can I ask how you mapped the cable?

Will Gibbons

I vote for some breakdown as stated by jhiker.

Fantastic job! I think everything about this works so well! Thanks for sharing.