Importing from Solid Edge and Preserving Materials of a Previous Render

Started by 1fastlearner, April 07, 2016, 12:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1fastlearner

Without having to get too specific, my current workflow is taking pictures of accessories for tablets. Each accessory is specifically designed to fit a particular tablet. An example: accessory #1 has a model for iPad Air, iPad Pro, iPad 4...not to mention other tablet lines such as Samsung Galaxy Tabs, Windows Surfaces, etc.  Already I have completed renders of iPad Air but I still need to complete iPad Pro and iPad 4 renders. Since the geometry which I'm importing from Solid Edge is similar, but the dimensions do vary, I have to reapply materials to all surfaces. Is there a way for me to import and impose the new geometry onto the already defined scene sets? In general I'm looking for the best way of making a template for my current workflow so I do not have to start from scratch every time

I'm looking to create a template for myself so this way it becomes easier and more time efficient to do renders of each of these product lines without having to start over for each model.

TpwUK

Read the help file sections on scene sets and view sets and see if they do what you want. The other method is to create your scene as a starting point and save that as your new default bip file so it loads every time you start a new KS session.

Martin