Main Menu

Interior Pattern

Started by Hossein Alfideh, April 09, 2016, 11:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: Will Gibbons on April 25, 2016, 06:38:35 AM
Hossein,

I'm glad to see you tried a dark scene with the light on. Using lights like this is where your settings become important. The spots you're seeing is what we usually refer to as 'noise'. Often, noise can be reduced by letting the scene render longer. I suggest using 'maximum time' and have it render for longer than you did.

Another thing to mention is that your lamp shade looks a bit too bright. I think this is where the material properties of the lamp shade will come into play. What material are you using for that?

As far as adding rounded edges, check the image I've attached.

And the repeating pattern pointed out by Eric is visible on both the floor and the side of the stairs. You could try adding a procedural texture in order to avoid noticeable tiling.

See if any of those suggestions help.
Thanks will ,I'm really glad you guys helped me out to improve this scene!
this time I tried to pay more attention on what you guys mentioned before so I changed some stuff , also I talked to an architect friend and he came up with the wooden stuff on the stairs, let me know what you think! :)

syrom

Image seems a bit flat. Id redo the lighting.

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: syrom on June 14, 2016, 12:01:32 PM
Image seems a bit flat. Id redo the lighting.
There are 3 light bulbs here and 2 area lights with low intensity one on the left and one above the stairs. For the night time render in this scene I guess there isnt much option here, what do you suggest?

syrom

Try putting a big side plane with a emitter of a rgb 200 220 255 right on the side of the scene. Simulates the nice natural outside light glow. Of course put it out of view. Try that. Leave your other lights. Make the plane like a 6 ft by 9ft so it really puts light on your scene. Then tweak the output to a level that simulates outside natural light. I usually start with like 5000 watts and then adjust it accordingly. Once you get the natural glow level , turn off all your lights and see how it looks with that plane alone. Then turn your lights 1 by 1 while you adjust them to match the scene naturally.

Also.. i dont know how your whole scene set up is. I noticed you get good results when you build your scene inside a room instead of just outside alone. Add some openings for windows to let the hdri light come in. It dont got to look pretty since you wont see the walls, but it simulates light more natural.

jhiker

..still think the chair seat is waay too long..  :)

Finema

It's cool but there are a lot of little spots light. (artefacts)

syrom

Quote from: Finema on June 15, 2016, 06:20:42 AM
you are right.lol

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: jhiker on June 15, 2016, 06:15:04 AM
..still think the chair seat is waay too long..  :)

that was convincing , I'm remodeling the furniture man!  :D

Quote from: Finema on June 15, 2016, 06:20:42 AM

thanks , yeah I've noticed that and its just a test render to see what the final result looks! :)

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: syrom on June 14, 2016, 01:01:50 PM
Try putting a big side plane with a emitter of a rgb 200 220 255 right on the side of the scene. Simulates the nice natural outside light glow. Of course put it out of view. Try that. Leave your other lights. Make the plane like a 6 ft by 9ft so it really puts light on your scene. Then tweak the output to a level that simulates outside natural light. I usually start with like 5000 watts and then adjust it accordingly. Once you get the natural glow level , turn off all your lights and see how it looks with that plane alone. Then turn your lights 1 by 1 while you adjust them to match the scene naturally.

Also.. i dont know how your whole scene set up is. I noticed you get good results when you build your scene inside a room instead of just outside alone. Add some openings for windows to let the hdri light come in. It dont got to look pretty since you wont see the walls, but it simulates light more natural.

definitly going to try that in both day time and night time renderings! :)