Main Menu

Interior Pattern

Started by Hossein Alfideh, April 09, 2016, 11:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossein Alfideh

Heyy guys,
the whole model is designed by CATIA and rendered in KS6
I have not edit the render yet but I will post some updates later and would be glad to hear your ideas ;)

Will Gibbons

Cool. Nice work. That's some heavy mat graph work!

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: willgibbonsdesign on April 10, 2016, 11:01:11 AM
Cool. Nice work. That's some heavy mat graph work!
thanks man , I'm really new to material graph , this is my final Edit
Let me know what you think

Esben Oxholm

Good work overall.

Composition-wise my eyes are a bit confused of what to look at. They go back and forth between the chair/lamp and the stair/wall. Maybe you can use some clever lighting to put focus on just one of the groups. Also, try adding a bit of depth of field. Might help to provide a clear point of focus.

Looking forward to see more of your work.

jhiker

Isn't the chair a bit long front-to-back? If I sat on that my legs would be straight out.

Josh3D

Cool shot. I agree with Esben about the lighting. Lots you could do with this scene!

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on April 10, 2016, 12:26:46 PM
Good work overall.

Composition-wise my eyes are a bit confused of what to look at. They go back and forth between the chair/lamp and the stair/wall. Maybe you can use some clever lighting to put focus on just one of the groups. Also, try adding a bit of depth of field. Might help to provide a clear point of focus.

Looking forward to see more of your work.
well thanks dude
I'll work on that and see what's going to happen then, thanks for your advise I really appreciate it

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: jhiker on April 11, 2016, 01:27:45 AM
Isn't the chair a bit long front-to-back? If I sat on that my legs would be straight out.
well I kinda noticed it myself today
I was thinking to put two cushions on it or scale the chair or change the whole thing and replace it with an old covered chair ... I don't know yet

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: Josh Mings on April 12, 2016, 07:20:29 AM
Cool shot. I agree with Esben about the lighting. Lots you could do with this scene!
I got a feeling maybe change the whole lighting in to something much darker and add some lights in the scene, some books on the floor or change the whole idea by adding a covered chair to make it looks like its abandoned or something ...
I almost forgot, let me know what you think of adding fence to that stairway  :)

Will Gibbons

I'd personally like to see it with a light on in the lamp, which should give you some nice shadow play. With such soft and neutral lighting, it's a bit flat as of now. Also, the stairs look really sharp. Maybe try enabling rounded edges within KS to soften them up a bit?

NM-92

Quote from: willgibbonsdesign on April 20, 2016, 08:20:46 AM
I'd personally like to see it with a light on in the lamp, which should give you some nice shadow play. With such soft and neutral lighting, it's a bit flat as of now. Also, the stairs look really sharp. Maybe try enabling rounded edges within KS to soften them up a bit?

Hello Will. Where is this rounded edges option ? I can't find it.

bdesign

The Rounded Edges feature is under the Scene tab>Rounded Edges. You will need to select your model first for this option to be available.
I think this scene is cool and, as others have stated, offers lots of possibilities for more dramatic lighting scenarios. Also, I would suggest tweaking your texture maps on the stairway stone and concrete floor materials to break up the repeating tiled patterns.

Eric

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on April 09, 2016, 11:52:00 PM
Heyy guys,
the whole model is designed by CATIA and rendered in KS6
I have not edit the render yet but I will post some updates later and would be glad to hear your ideas ;)
I'm so glad that I heard lots of great Ideas about my scene I tried to apply them and add some stuff like a cushion and a magazine too.
I'm a bit confused by the spots that appeared on the render.( I think maybe that's because of the roughness maps but the cushion and chair share the same material but spots just appear on the chair :-[ )
Here is the raw render testing some ideas you guys gave me and will be glad if you share your opinions about it.

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: bdesign on April 22, 2016, 07:21:25 AM
The Rounded Edges feature is under the Scene tab>Rounded Edges. You will need to select your model first for this option to be available.
I think this scene is cool and, as others have stated, offers lots of possibilities for more dramatic lighting scenarios. Also, I would suggest tweaking your texture maps on the stairway stone and concrete floor materials to break up the repeating tiled patterns.

Eric
thanks Eric for sharing but I'm not sure I quite get how to do that ... :-[
could you explain more please?

Will Gibbons

Hossein,

I'm glad to see you tried a dark scene with the light on. Using lights like this is where your settings become important. The spots you're seeing is what we usually refer to as 'noise'. Often, noise can be reduced by letting the scene render longer. I suggest using 'maximum time' and have it render for longer than you did.

Another thing to mention is that your lamp shade looks a bit too bright. I think this is where the material properties of the lamp shade will come into play. What material are you using for that?

As far as adding rounded edges, check the image I've attached.

And the repeating pattern pointed out by Eric is visible on both the floor and the side of the stairs. You could try adding a procedural texture in order to avoid noticeable tiling.

See if any of those suggestions help.