Save an unfinished render.

Started by Robert V., January 02, 2011, 01:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert V.

Hi,

My render slowed down to a hold...(87%). Now I would like to save this render, but if I click "stop" it doesn't save what it already has rendered. (tested this on another pc)

Is there a folder where keyshot places it's render results before finishing a render (like a temp folder)? I would really like to save this render because it already took me 32 hours...

edit: It's now at 46 hours at 89%

KeyShot

The .exr format is the only format that saves out the image in increments. I do think it is a good idea to have the option of saving an image when it is stopped. This is already available in the realtime render mode. I am curious about your long rendering time. Is it related to memory usage?

-- Henrik

Robert V.

It could be a memory issue, keyshot shows this info: -1515032KB (it changes over time, sometimes the minus disappears) but I do have 8Gb....

Maybe in the near future, it's possible to "clean the memory" during rendering...

quigley

Odd. When I hit stop to an offline render saving to JPEG and TIFF I get an image saved to that point.

KeyShot

That indeed indicates that you are using a lot of memory. Btw. we have fixed the overflow in 2.2
2.2 will also reduce the memory requirements further. We are looking into clearing memory automatically as needed as you suggest.

-- Henrik

Robert V.

wow, that's great news! cannot wait for 2.2

good work guys!

cranston

"That indeed indicates that you are using a lot of memory. Btw. we have fixed the overflow in 2.2
2.2 will also reduce the memory requirements further. We are looking into clearing memory automatically as needed as you suggest."

Well that explains why I couldn't get anything to finish last week.  Looks like I'm dead in the water until 2.2

-Brian