2216 - District 00037

Started by Andrea Chiampo, May 12, 2016, 10:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrea Chiampo

Hello there,
here a sketch of buildings in a foggy industrialized city.
"13% of Oxygen, it's going to be finished"

3D-Coat / Keyshot / Ps
Here the Artstation-link: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Wg0RX

Cheers!

Magnus Skogsfjord

That's really nice! Great atmosphere. Curiosity got me here though. Any chance of getting a quick breakdown here? I'm just wondering about what's geometry and what's not. Maybe a raw image for instance?

NM-92

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on May 12, 2016, 02:33:32 PM
That's really nice! Great atmosphere. Curiosity got me here though. Any chance of getting a quick breakdown here? I'm just wondering about what's geometry and what's not. Maybe a raw image for instance?

Yes, that would be cool. This scene seems really complex. Great job btw.

TpwUK

Great mood, impressive work as always Andrea

Martin

Arian Shamil

Yeah! I quote Martin...Amazing!

guest84672

Love the apocalyptic mood in this image.

It would be great to show the breakdown of the tools used, in particular the "raw" KeyShot scene. The "how to" is what people are hungry for.

Thanks!

Andrea Chiampo

Thank you all guys,
here attached the render how it came out from Keyshot.
Sadly I'm very busy these days so I won't be able to do a proper breakdown of tools used. What I can easily do is to recommend the course of LearnSquared: INTRO TO 3D CONCEPT DESIGN ---> https://www.learnsquared.com/courses/intro-3d-concept-design
In this course you will learn how to quickly create buildings in 3D-Coat, Textures in Keyshot and overpaint's techniques in Photoshop.
Cheers :)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Andrea Chiampo on May 13, 2016, 01:47:34 AM
Sadly I'm very busy these days so I won't be able to do a proper breakdown of tools used.

This was all I wanted. Thanks! Interesting to see how much is post. Looking good in my opinion. Only minor knitpick I have (if I may be so bold to point out) is the repetitive texuture on what I assume is the water(?). It's only visible in high res though.

guest84672

Totally understand but this is a perfect start! Thanks so much.

Will Gibbons

Effective results there! Thanks for sharing.

guest86567

Excellent use for matte painting techniques here! I would really enjoy seeing more environments from KeyShot users! Looking forward to your next post!