XGT Concept - XGT Roadster

Started by SebasDesign, May 12, 2016, 02:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SebasDesign

Hey guys I finally finished the model of my latest concept which you've probably already seen, now it has the interior and other new stuff along with one or two small adjustments... Anyway I hope you like this first set of renderings and no need to say there are a lot more coming.
As always I love to hear your opinion
-Sebas

Arian Shamil

Heretic Templar

The interiors look great. I love that shot from the inside of one of the cars looking into the other one

Magnus Skogsfjord

Cool looking interior indeed! Great job man.

SebasDesign

Quote from: Heretic Templar on May 12, 2016, 10:11:13 PM
The interiors look great. I love that shot from the inside of one of the cars looking into the other one
Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on May 12, 2016, 11:50:54 PM
Cool looking interior indeed! Great job man.
Quote from: Arian Shamil on May 12, 2016, 03:01:39 PM
I like it :)

Thanks a lot guys! I'm glad you like them so far... Here is another one of the intierior

Speedster

Well, as I've said before- this is a World Class design!  And the renders are great, but it's your concept that grabs me!
Bill G

Alang7™

Not bad, I like them.

Maybe a bit of noise on the full size images.

Josh3D

This is looking really good. I love the composition on all of the shots and the colors work really, really well together. Some need to cook a bit more, but before that I would work on getting some richer lighting and dialing in some of the materials-some look great, but some look a bit flat.

SebasDesign

Quote from: Josh Mings on May 16, 2016, 10:35:48 AM
This is looking really good. I love the composition on all of the shots and the colors work really, really well together. Some need to cook a bit more, but before that I would work on getting some richer lighting and dialing in some of the materials-some look great, but some look a bit flat.
Quote from: Alang7™ on May 15, 2016, 03:29:33 AM
Not bad, I like them.

Maybe a bit of noise on the full size images.
Thanks guys for the feedback, I noticed the noise too, I do need to cook them longer, it's just that my pc isn't the mightiest of all and after 3 hours (the time I set for this renders) I got really bored... but I guess I'll have to deal with it to finally get that instagram-worthy render hahaha
Josh, about the "flatness" of some materials could you please give me some examples of materials that look flat in these images and how could I improve them?
Thanks again,
-Sebas

Josh3D

Sure, I think it comes down to material texture and refining how that material reacts with the lighting in your scene. To me, the various materials and even the tail light have the same appearance, a solid color. No shadow, highlight or texture.

Check out Tim Feher's interiors here: http://feherfactor.com/Interior/index.html

It's a beautiful car, and the exterior paint material looks really good. I think it's just a few little things to push a bit more to really bring some depth and feeling to the images.

SebasDesign

New render with motion blur

SebasDesign

Quote from: Josh Mings on May 17, 2016, 08:36:11 AM
Sure, I think it comes down to material texture and refining how that material reacts with the lighting in your scene. To me, the various materials and even the tail light have the same appearance, a solid color. No shadow, highlight or texture.

Check out Tim Feher's interiors here: http://feherfactor.com/Interior/index.html

It's a beautiful car, and the exterior paint material looks really good. I think it's just a few little things to push a bit more to really bring some depth and feeling to the images.
Wow I hadn't seen that site before... Tim is a god!!! I'll try to improve my interiors (modeling and materialwise).
About the rear light, I used a cloudy plastic with an emissive underneath so maybe that's why it looks funny, and about the not having highlights I believe it's because the position of the lights; they're under that "lip" of the rear body so not much light can reach it (also the whole light assembly (or the correct word) is behind a glass material so that could be causing that too...
Anyways thanks for the comments and the help
-Sebas

SebasDesign

Now that I finished the coupe I wanted a roofless version to show the interior a little more... this is the first render post and raw
-Sebas

Josh3D

Very cool, looks great. I would just point out that the ground texture resolution is a little low, or you could add some very gradual blur car going down toward the wheels to match up with it.

SebasDesign

Quote from: Josh Mings on May 20, 2016, 02:05:19 PM
Very cool, looks great. I would just point out that the ground texture resolution is a little low, or you could add some very gradual blur car going down toward the wheels to match up with it.
:/ you're right... I scaled the texture a bit too much... At least in the Ford GT render it looks ok