Mesh Modeling - Various renders practice (+Erlenmeyer Flask)

Started by NM-92, May 16, 2016, 02:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM-92

Quote from: Will Gibbons on January 23, 2017, 09:10:03 AM
Quote from: NM-92 on January 21, 2017, 03:46:04 PM
Ha ! Thank you very much Martin. I actually started out with the floor and then i looked for a model to sit in because i liked the material i had achieved. I've never controlled the bump height with a texture map but it was pretty awesome to do that and the effect that it creates is really cool.

Great call and outcome! Part of me wants to see just a taaaad bit more light around/near the (skull's) left socket. I like the colors and ground texture especially.

Hey Will, thank you ! I've noticed the lighting issue also, but couldn't add a pin or physical light to fix it without affecting the whole scene. Maybe two renders and composition is the way to go.

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: NM-92 on January 24, 2017, 05:11:45 AM
Quote from: Will Gibbons on January 23, 2017, 09:10:03 AM
Quote from: NM-92 on January 21, 2017, 03:46:04 PM
Ha ! Thank you very much Martin. I actually started out with the floor and then i looked for a model to sit in because i liked the material i had achieved. I've never controlled the bump height with a texture map but it was pretty awesome to do that and the effect that it creates is really cool.

Great call and outcome! Part of me wants to see just a taaaad bit more light around/near the (skull's) left socket. I like the colors and ground texture especially.

Hey Will, thank you ! I've noticed the lighting issue also, but couldn't add a pin or physical light to fix it without affecting the whole scene. Maybe two renders and composition is the way to go.
Did you try adding a small sphere inside the socket itself with a faint point light or area light material?

Hossein Alfideh

Nico this is awesome!I love your ground's material.there are plenty of great details out there when I saw the high-res and of course that skull was a great choice!
well done!  :)

NM-92

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on January 25, 2017, 01:27:08 AM
Did you try adding a small sphere inside the socket itself with a faint point light or area light material?

Hey Esben. Yes, i've tried the point light inside the socket, but nothing felt right. Maybe the skull is haunted :P

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on January 26, 2017, 04:13:39 AM
Nico this is awesome!I love your ground's material.there are plenty of great details out there when I saw the high-res and of course that skull was a great choice!
well done!  :)

Thank you very much Hossein, i'm attaching the mat graph of the floor.

NM-92

I don't know exactly why i did this, but anyways. Practice is practice :P. Modeled in Rhinoceros.

Esben Oxholm

Ha, yeah, kinda weird concept :D I imagine someone playing scrabble with 'Death' or something to decide if he's going to live or not  ;D

That aside, materials and lighting looks awesome.
Maybe tilting the camera slightly to the right will make the image a bit more dynamic to look at. Just minor stuff. :)

Looking forward to see what you come up with next!

TpwUK

richardfunnell

Maybe it's just in German?

Looks great! Love the colors in this one :)

Andrzej Orzecki

I really like the ''mood'' of this scene:) very creative!

Arn

What's wrong with semiconductors? Just like how beauty is in de eye of the beholder, most controversy is so too :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Die_(integrated_circuit)

bdesign

Beautiful render, Nico :) Great texturing and lighting, as always.

Cheers,
Eric

NM-92

NM-92

Hello. I've always wanted to create grass, so i decided to give it a go. I modeled the whole scene in Blender following one of Andre Price's tutorials. Patch of grass, bush and trees are provided and they are part of his Grass Essentials pack. Rocket model is downloaded from 3DSky. This is a 50,000 particle system creating the grass and imported into keyshot as individual objects. There are a few mistakes here and there, but i'm done with this for now. Cheers !

Chad Holton

I really like it, Nico.  8) Andrew does have some nice tutorials out there.

Will Gibbons

I dig this! Way to keep pushing your skills!