Mesh Modeling - Various renders practice (+Erlenmeyer Flask)

Started by NM-92, May 16, 2016, 02:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM-92

Thanks man. I'm venturing in the sculpting world these days, using Sculptris. I'm attaching my very first tests. I don't have a 3d tablet nor anatomy knowledge, so these look a bit weird, but this is extremely fun and i'll continue exploring for sure.

Will Gibbons

That dude at the bottom is straight-up creepy! hahah, awesome to see you trying something new. You stay busy.

NM-92

Quote from: Will Gibbons on December 19, 2017, 08:13:57 AM
That dude at the bottom is straight-up creepy! hahah, awesome to see you trying something new. You stay busy.

Yeah, sculpting was always on my to-do list, but the zbrush interface always scared me off. With Sculptris everything is just too simple, so i can focus on doing, learning and making totally rookie mistakes while having some fun in the meantime. In just one session you can come up with a totally different character from scratch. Here's another quickie i tested. Just a screenshot of the KS viewport. Cheers !

NM-92

Hello forum. I'm back after a while, with some material doodles and trying out some deformation tools in Rhino. Nothing serious, but it's good to be making new stuff again. Everything was modeled by me. Cheers and i hope you like it !

rupertenberg

Nico, love these things. Especially the translucent white with splatter. 
Rhino offers some of the best transform/deform tools in my opinion. Nicely done.

Rupert.

kiarash.tamizkar

:D good job ,but you really need to control roughness on that guy skin with creating some roughness map have fun bro ;)

NM-92

NM-92

Chromecast audio, modeled in Rhinoceros.

DMerz III

:) ouuuuuu that chromecast model/render looks great man!

NM-92

Quote from: DMerz III on January 29, 2018, 02:06:46 PM
:) ouuuuuu that chromecast model/render looks great man!

Thanks ! I didn't know this model existed until i searched for reference images. It looks very cool.

NM-92

As i gathered reference images for the Chromecast, i found another gadget that looked cool. It was simple enough to model it , so i took a couple of shots. This one was also modeled in Rhinoceros. Cheers !

Josh3D

Man, those look just like the shots on Amazon :) Well done!

NM-92

Quote from: Josh Mings on January 31, 2018, 08:59:18 AM
Man, those look just like the shots on Amazon :) Well done!

Thanks Josh ! I thought that emissive ring would be impossible to achieve, but it turned out great. I may have gone a little too far with the glow in the buttons though :P

Will Gibbons

Nice work! Only thing I see is there's a texture on the top surface/material that seems like a missed opportunity. I can't see any textures on yours (didn't view full-res.) if they're there.

Good work though!