AQUA DI GIO - GIORGIO ARMANI

Started by Zvi, May 16, 2016, 03:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zvi

It was a hard work, and the results are unsatisfactory.

SebasDesign

I like them a lot, but maybe you could smooth the model a little more because, for example, in the close up shot of the cap you can see some edges in the cap that should look more "round"

Zvi

Quote from: Sebas_ace96 on May 16, 2016, 05:35:28 PM
I like them a lot, but maybe you could smooth the model a little more because, for example, in the close up shot of the cap you can see some edges in the cap that should look more "round"

תודה רבה. דרך אגב, זה מאוד מעצבן שלא ניתן לתקן זאת בKeShot על ידי Rounded Edges.

Thank you. By the way, this is very annoying that you can not fix it in KeShot by Rounded Edges.

Will Gibbons

KeyShot's rounded edges feature does not change geometry, but how light is reflected near edges, thus creating an illusion of a fillet.

I think that Sebas was pointing out the tessellation quality of the geometry leaves something to be desired. What program was the model created in? Also, do you know what options you selected for tessellation when importing?

Zvi

Quote from: willgibbonsdesign on May 17, 2016, 09:53:50 AM
KeyShot's rounded edges feature does not change geometry, but how light is reflected near edges, thus creating an illusion of a fillet.

I think that Sebas was pointing out the tessellation quality of the geometry leaves something to be desired. What program was the model created in? Also, do you know what options you selected for tessellation when importing?
Thank you. But it seems that the illusion of a fillet didn't help in my case.
The model was created in Maya.
What are the options of tessellation when importing?

Will Gibbons

Right, I was not suggesting that rounded edges would help you. It's really a 'worst case scenario and really only works on edges that don't have any fillet applied to them.

When you import a model into KeyShot, at the bottom of the import dialogue box, you should have a slider set to a default of .2 for tessellation. You may want to try changing that to something like .4 to see if it helps. I think that your geometry you're saving out of Maya isn't high-res enough though. It almost looks like it needs to be subdivided before saving... although I could be wring. I'm not a Maya user currently.

Zvi

Quote from: willgibbonsdesign on May 17, 2016, 12:22:26 PM
Right, I was not suggesting that rounded edges would help you. It's really a 'worst case scenario and really only works on edges that don't have any fillet applied to them.

When you import a model into KeyShot, at the bottom of the import dialogue box, you should have a slider set to a default of .2 for tessellation. You may want to try changing that to something like .4 to see if it helps. I think that your geometry you're saving out of Maya isn't high-res enough though. It almost looks like it needs to be subdivided before saving... although I could be wring. I'm not a Maya user currently.
Do you mean - the curve radius modifier? This is the only slider in KeyShot 6.

Will Gibbons

[/quote]

Perhaps... sorry, I may have spoken too soon. I know that the import dialogue does change depending on what file type you're importing. Since I don't have Maya, I can't verify if that's the one or not. Does everything look smooth in Maya, or do the surfaces look the same in KS and Maya?

Zvi

Quote from: willgibbonsdesign on May 17, 2016, 01:40:15 PM

Perhaps... sorry, I may have spoken too soon. I know that the import dialogue does change depending on what file type you're importing. Since I don't have Maya, I can't verify if that's the one or not. Does everything look smooth in Maya, or do the surfaces look the same in KS and Maya?
[/quote]I smoothed the cork in maya, and imported it. in the attached image you can see the trial render. And again - thank you.

SebasDesign

Quote from: willgibbonsdesign on May 17, 2016, 09:53:50 AM

Yes that's what I meant... "tessellation", I lost the word. But looks like you solved it and it looks great!