Fusion 360 & Weathered Paint Material

Started by Will Gibbons, May 17, 2016, 12:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Gibbons

I downloaded Fusion 360 this past weekend to add another modeling tool to my quiver. Here's my first dummy model.

I then exported to .IGES and opened it up in KeyShot and had fun creating the colorful image with the red light. (could have stood to let it bake a bit longer)

The weathered material got me looking at old tanks with worn out paint and I began playing in the material graph editor. Now I'm just in the nit-picking stage. There's lots of things I need to tweak in this material. When I'm done, I'll be sure to share it. Also, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't inspired by John Seymour's recent material work.  ;)

No post on anything.

Heretic Templar

I really love that look the red light gives to the geometry in the second render

Despot

Hello Will, pleased I inspired somebody :)

I really like the last render, cool :)

Magnus Skogsfjord

And I'm giving my vote to the first one. Looks great!

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Heretic Templar on May 17, 2016, 10:17:34 PM
I really love that look the red light gives to the geometry in the second render

Thanks, had fun layering a few planes in KS, one with opacity map for the mesh texture, one for the gradient lens and one for the light material.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Despot on May 17, 2016, 10:33:58 PM
Hello Will, pleased I inspired somebody :)

I really like the last render, cool :)

Thanks for the kind words!

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on May 17, 2016, 11:58:11 PM
And I'm giving my vote to the first one. Looks great!

Thanks, Magnus!

SteveTalkowski

LayC42

I'm not shure, but it seems that the bump height (Camouflage) is in the wrong direction?!

In general I like that solution. Good work!

Will Gibbons

Quote from: SteveTalkowski on May 20, 2016, 12:27:26 PM
Looking good Will!

Thanks Steve!

Quote from: LayC42 on May 21, 2016, 04:42:42 AM
I'm not shure, but it seems that the bump height (Camouflage) is in the wrong direction?!

In general I like that solution. Good work!

LayC42, I can't tell from the image alone now... seems like an illusion. I guess it depends on the direction of light source. Also, didn't use camo on this one, but I know what you're referring to. Thanks for the compliment though! : )