Main Menu

Baroque tiger

Started by AtelierAngheluta, May 19, 2016, 11:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtelierAngheluta

Hi All

Had  a long brake from keyshot, but trying to get back in to it now. Even though i never really got into it the first time. My work is not relying on renders, but would be great to be able to do em. So this is an attempt im ok with.  I really wanted the surface to be more shiny, it has a satin look now, but maybe something like the reference photo i've put in. Not really sure how to do this, since i set the roughness to 0 and still had a satin look. Must be the hdri i guess? did alot of hdriediting but could not get the look. I like the contrast.  Its a bit too dark, levels in ps will fix that, just want some reflections in there. Anyways thanks for looking.

Oh, and it's sculpted in zbrush if anyone is wondering. :D

guest84672

Looks great. Try a different HDRI and see what you get.

AtelierAngheluta

Hi

@thomasteger: thanks for the comment :D

been playing a bit with it. Think its better now. Still not where i want it, any ideas anyone?

Finema

Hi,
Have you try > Environments > Studio > High Gloss

AtelierAngheluta

@Finema: Thanks for the comment. i tried one you said, but had a hard time to make it work for me.

Update:

Another try, i added some surface scratches, and i helped a bit with the realism. Still not totally satisfied, but i think it's moving forward.

Will Gibbons

Definitely moving forward as you said. There's been quite a lot of nice jewelry renderings on this forum over the past year. I'll leave it up to those who've gotten comfortable with jewelry to offer tips!

nachoriesco

Hi! what material are you using?

AtelierAngheluta

Hi

Using a modified metal material for this one, with corvature node on a paint layer to give oxidisation patina.