Started by Will Gibbons, May 23, 2016, 07:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdesign

Very nice detail work, Will :)

Eric

Will Gibbons

Arian Shamil

DMerz III

Very nice! Loving the new additions, that whiskey glass fooled me!
Also really love the wood on that knife, 'feels' so real.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: dmerziii on November 15, 2016, 08:11:53 AM
Very nice! Loving the new additions, that whiskey glass fooled me!
Also really love the wood on that knife, 'feels' so real.

Quote from: Arian Shamil on November 15, 2016, 04:31:14 AM
Amazing rendering, as always!

Thanks guys! Really appreciate it. Cheers.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Missed out on a lot here! I've seen that lego house before somewhere. A quicktip video perhaps? Anyway, love it. Even more love for the knife! As already said here: Great work as always.

Despot

Cool keys will, that must be one giant keyboard ;)

Will Gibbons

I keep forgetting to update this thread. Got a simple one to add here. No post, raw render. Will probably try one or two other compositions with this model.

Esben Oxholm

Cool one, Will.
Love the metal material.

I think the composition could be stronger, but I sense from what you write, that you are aware ;)
Looking forward to see the update.

Will Gibbons

Here we go with round 2. Thought I could pull off the puddle. It's lacking around the edges. Need to model it properly. Did this as a quick shortcut, which works, but not great. I think the composition here is better. Gave it some love in post. I feel I need to step up my images... anyone who sees something that need's improving, let me know! Happy New Year everyone.

Thanks for the feedback Esben!

TpwUK

Quote from: Will Gibbons on December 29, 2016, 06:16:03 AM
Here we go with round 2. Thought I could pull off the puddle. It's lacking around the edges. Need to model it properly. Did this as a quick shortcut, which works, but not great. I think the composition here is better. Gave it some love in post. I feel I need to step up my images... anyone who sees something that need's improving, let me know! Happy New Year everyone.

Thanks for the feedback Esben!

Sacrilege I know, but there is an excellent tutorial for use with Blender Cycles node system for creating puddles, I still haven't got round to converting the nodes to KS MatGraph but I dare say it can be done by those with more knowledge and time than me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oojlF0m8KSE

Martin

Will Gibbons

Thanks for sharing Martin. I'll have to take a peek. I have used blender so little... I'm somewhat hesitant to fall down that rabbit hole. However, it sure is tempting! Cheers.

TpwUK

Quote from: Will Gibbons on December 29, 2016, 09:41:38 AM
Thanks for sharing Martin. I'll have to take a peek. I have used blender so little... I'm somewhat hesitant to fall down that rabbit hole. However, it sure is tempting! Cheers.
Blender for modelling is great - Cycles Nodes are very powerful but can be extremely complex and very confusing to me at times, so I just tend to model with Blender rather than develop textures/materials. KS MatGraph is far more logical to me :)

Martin

Will Gibbons

Quote from: TpwUK on December 29, 2016, 04:01:20 PM
Quote from: Will Gibbons on December 29, 2016, 09:41:38 AM
Blender for modelling is great - Cycles Nodes are very powerful but can be extremely complex and very confusing to me at times, so I just tend to model with Blender rather than develop textures/materials. KS MatGraph is far more logical to me :)

Martin

Oh! I didn't know you were referring to shaders/textures/materials. I thought you were talking about creating liquid puddles or geometric forms with Blender. I have and use MODO which is capable of fluid sims and stuff like that. I've no desire to create materials in another program outside of KeyShot. Using poly modeling programs to get some more organic forms (outside of CAD, which I'm most comfortable with) makes sense though.

Hossein Alfideh

unfortunately I couldn't check forum for a while but I don't miss your work on your Instagram dude!
perfect as always!  :)