A fashion designer's desk scene

Started by Hossein Alfideh, May 23, 2016, 10:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossein Alfideh

Hello guys
I have modeled this a long time ago with CATIA and today I had the chance to render it ...
Don't know why I headed this way but it was really fun as I did not do a render with this subject before ...
Still has some problems but I though it would be nice to share it with you guys
Here is the raw render , hope you like it

Esben Oxholm

Cool stuff.
I really like the scissor handle material! Looks good.

The camera-angle might make the rendering look a bit flat... and what has the scissor been used for? A corner of a piece of fabric and some threads and 'dust' from fabric-cutting would help sell the story :)

Push it!

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on May 23, 2016, 11:30:05 AM
Cool stuff.
I really like the scissor handle material! Looks good.

The camera-angle might make the rendering look a bit flat... and what has the scissor been used for? A corner of a piece of fabric and some threads and 'dust' from fabric-cutting would help sell the story :)

thanks esben for the great tips , I'm glad you liked the scene ...
I'm ok with the fabric here but about the dust , I'm not sure how I can do it in a realistic way ... let me know If you have any suggestions  :-[

Push it!

Hossein Alfideh

I guess this one is better

Will Gibbons

Hey,

This is a pretty good rendering. In my experience, if you're looking for comments or ways to improve, one way to do this is to try something a bit riskier. One way you can do this is to push to create something a bit more emotional. For instance, think of any films you like that have beautiful cinematography and identify what's happening in there. Some ways directors make mundane shots more interesting is to use color grading, short depth of field, limiting the lighting, changing the camera angle, making sure there's a fore, middle and background, playing with positive and negative space in a composition.

I'd encourage you to reference some moody shots online and then ask yourself what you can do with this scene to push it. Maybe get us closer in and texture everything from the paper, to the blade of the scissors, to the desk and fabric. Add some dust. Who knows. I'm guessing you can get something cool following this procedure.

Good luck!

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: Will Gibbons on June 02, 2016, 06:35:58 AM
Hey,

This is a pretty good rendering. In my experience, if you're looking for comments or ways to improve, one way to do this is to try something a bit riskier. One way you can do this is to push to create something a bit more emotional. For instance, think of any films you like that have beautiful cinematography and identify what's happening in there. Some ways directors make mundane shots more interesting is to use color grading, short depth of field, limiting the lighting, changing the camera angle, making sure there's a fore, middle and background, playing with positive and negative space in a composition.

I'd encourage you to reference some moody shots online and then ask yourself what you can do with this scene to push it. Maybe get us closer in and texture everything from the paper, to the blade of the scissors, to the desk and fabric. Add some dust. Who knows. I'm guessing you can get something cool following this procedure.

Good luck!
Thanks will for the kind words
I really appreciate it ...
Hope I can make something out of it with your great tips