Main Menu

VaTech Robohand

Started by Konginchains, May 26, 2016, 07:38:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Konginchains

Done for an awareness ad in the UK last year, and then modified it to fit my own fictional ad this year. VaTech stands for "Villatech".
My own dream creation.

More views here. https://www.artstation.com/artwork/dgXoQ

Will Gibbons

Great work! What did you model this with?

I personally like the last rendering. I think the backplates you have in the top two renderings are too busy and thus detract from the complexity and detail of your models. I'd recommend using a low depth of field to create a bokeh effect on your backplates. Another option is to add a different backplate that allows your model to shine.

Also, are you going to be building out the whole robot? : )

Konginchains

Thanks for your critique. Oddly enough I already had your critique in mind when I was setting up the shot and didn't feel the backplates were taking attention away from the robothand in the foreground since I wanted the BG to show just enough so people would know where the setting was and that I was actually creating a real live FX shot for a movie.

Unfortunately I will not continue to build the whole robot since the project was just to showcase the robothand for the ad.

guest86567

Nice work!

I really like the attention to detail in the mechanical anatomy of the arm! Nice articulation on the joints too!