COPY PART TO ANOTHER SCENE TEXTURE MOVES

Started by mertmg, June 02, 2016, 08:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mertmg

Hi All,

i`ve experienced kind of a bug while copying a part to another scene. when i copied part to other scene label or texture alignment breaks. it acts different. let say i X and Y offset 0.5 they wont look same as the original one.
i`ve attached a sample png to show the failure.

if anyone recommends anything it would be great. each time i have to adjust alignments for labels etc.

guest84672

I'm not sure I understand your workflow. Do you import a new part after you set up the scene sets and then try to add it to a scene set?

mertmg

There is no add one nothing extra at all.
In same bip file when I create a new scene and copied items from one scene to other as shown image above via right click menu on feature tree side labels loses their alignment. I don't get it. They supposed belong their own coordinate system but it seems they are pretending like their coordinates are changing when they forced to change scene.

I thought this is a bug.

Finema

Hi
have you check Link texture when you create a new scene ?

mertmg

Yes of course.i've tried it again to be sure. It doesn't change anything.

Finema

have you same camera in the two scenes ?

mertmg

YES
btw  it shouldn`t be a matter. idea is to copy a part from a scene to other one. it should keep its own coordinates what ever you do.
is it working on anyone correct? may be i have some issues in somehow?

TpwUK

Hi Mertmg,
What modelling app was your first scene imported from, and is it the same app that produced the second scene. In other words are you mixing model types. Most modern CAD type packages use Z as up and older 3D modelling apps ten to have Y as up. So, even though you may have imported correctly with the UP direction appropriately set, the labels/materials would possibly still need flipping as they wouldn't have correct orientation to the new scene you are pasting into .... Hope that make sense ?

Martin

mertmg

HI Martin,

i`ve imported model from CREO. but thing is i`m creating the scene inside of same BIP file. so i literary copy the scene but copy a part from other scene? what i`m trying to say is they are ok in same orientation in same file just on other scene. each single thing is same. i have two type of products and copy one of the products to other scene that the thing. it should be okay as the environment is same. i totally understand your explanation if export a scene from thing else and if try to apply a label which has different coordinate system it would fail. but this is not an issue like it.

if you would like to check my scene  can send it to you privately.

i can

TpwUK

Are you one of the beta testers, if so grab the latest build and see if it fixes the issue.
If not you might be able to get a copy from Luxion just to see if it's a fixed issue or not, try asking Thomas directly or possibly ask your supplier if you purchased from a dealer.

If you get no joy from there, gimme another shout :)

Martin

mertmg

Thanks Martin. i`m not a beta tester. but i`ll try be beta tester.