Smoothing in KS

Started by bluenite, June 09, 2016, 07:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluenite

When importing the model, some parts don't appear continuous, ie without soft transitions between faces-see attachment.
It must be probably set in a 3D modeler, or is it a some trick here?
It has to do with tesselation?
Thanks for any advice on the topic
Peter

Chad Holton

Hello,

What KeyShot version are you using exactly (e.g. 6.1.234)? Also, what modeling software created the file?

Chad

bluenite

hello Chad,
is it 5.2.10_64. Doesn't matter what version it is, did it all since v2. It's probably the setting and smoothing normals in 3d modeler. The problem is that they encounter more software. I use 3DSMax, but I have objects from Rhino, SketchUp, AutoCAD. So question is more on the type of file and the settings in these programs. Somewhere I saw that it is best for KS obj?

Chad Holton

Thanks for the info., Peter. Would you be able to share the native file, so we can take a look? If so, please send to: support@luxion.com

bluenite

Chad, thank you very much for your kind approach.
I sent an object to an email address. I'm concerned about the general smoothing settings, although each 3d sw it has different. Consecutive areas are not continuous, I do not understand why. This object is originally from 3dsMax in his native max format. I tried different export formats (obj, dae, 3ds, skp), but the result it is the same.
regards from Prague
Peter