Main Menu

Radial Engine

Started by Despot, June 09, 2016, 03:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luc-storm

kerembyl

I am absolutely in love with that old looking engine block. Great work!

syrom

Very nice!  These type of realistic renders are the ones that keep me coming back to ks and try to master it! How did you do the lighting?  Hdri and what else?  If you don't mind sharing the info.

Despot

QuoteVery nice!  These type of realistic renders are the ones that keep me coming back to ks and try to master it! How did you do the lighting?  Hdri and what else?  If you don't mind sharing the info.

Thanks again Syrom... No I don't mind at all, lit by a single stock HDRI , but this time augmented in HDR Light  Studio. No Area lights or Emitters

J

Josh3D

I want this on my wall. Beautifully done there John.

syrom

Quote from: Despot on June 14, 2016, 01:18:17 AM
QuoteVery nice!  These type of realistic renders are the ones that keep me coming back to ks and try to master it! How did you do the lighting?  Hdri and what else?  If you don't mind sharing the info.

Thanks again Syrom... No I don't mind at all, lit by a single stock HDRI , but this time augmented in HDR Light  Studio. No Area lights or Emitters

J

Thxs! I noticed that sometimes you just need a nice hdri and the scene is beautiful. Looks very real.

kerembyl

Quote from: Despot on June 09, 2016, 03:35:57 PM
Been wanting to do one of these for a long time, probably since 2012 when I first started using KeyShot

Textures using Substance Designer, the rest is KeyShot and little bit of Photoshop

Sorry M, no B&W I'm afraid :(

Model from GrabCAD

**added front view render**

J

Nice model, how did you do that background??

Despot

QuoteNice model, how did you do that background??

Cheers, it's draped cloth done in Marvelous Designer, MatGraph work for the texture and smoke and particulates added in Photoshop :)

bdesign

Wow. Don't know how I missed this one when it was first posted. This is truly incredible! Your texturing and attention to detail is phenomenal. This is one of the best renders I've yet seen. Amazing. Very well done!

Eric

TyRuben

Wonderful -- thank you for sharing -- !

kerembyl

Quote from: Despot on July 17, 2016, 05:27:23 AM
QuoteNice model, how did you do that background??

Cheers, it's draped cloth done in Marvelous Designer, MatGraph work for the texture and smoke and particulates added in Photoshop :)

So, is this basically a backplate image which is customized by you, right? And i have another question, sorry in advance if i am overwhelming you. Anyway here it is:

Also the propeller looks fine. How did you manage to achieve that 'polished' look? Thanks :)

Despot

QuoteSo, is this basically a backplate image which is customized by you, right?

No, it's actual geometry created in Marvelous Designer and for the material I used a hybrid image map/procedural material.

QuoteAlso the propeller looks fine. How did you manage to achieve that 'polished' look?

Thank you... It's the KeyShot paint material with quite a high .IOR value (this is the part that gives the high gloss look), the wood texture was done in Substance Designer