Main Menu

Coffee Bar

Started by JimmyToTheBe, June 10, 2016, 07:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyToTheBe

This originally started out as a company practise project for showing off some interior scenes with some specific furniture. The 'twisted' styled stools, wing backed chairs and bar stools are all furniture from a sub-company I have work with called 'Junction Fifteen'. Check us out below.

Link: http://junctionfifteen.com/

The main company I do work for is prominently a design consultancy, (http://www.lorddesign.co.uk/) and we use keyshot all the time. The interior is for us to expand our clientele and show what we are capable of. All other models apart from the main building, steel worked furniture and worktops have been used from other sites. One I do like using is from http://3dsky.org/ they have some great free models.

I believe I have taken this interior to my to the extent of my keyshot knowledge, so if there are any tips or improvements for this, Please let me know. Comments please  :D

Despot

I love the shadows in the first image, IES or Area Light ? Nice texturing overall as well.

But for me, there are too many conflicting perspective lines, using 'Shift Lens' in KeyShot would have given you perfectly aligned verticals :)

J

guest86567

Very nice content! The scene is incredibly busy with a lot of focus points which can cause the eye to be distracted and miss out on all the detail you've made! Love the lighting and shadows in the first image.

JimmyToTheBe

Quote from: Despot on June 10, 2016, 07:45:49 AM
I love the shadows in the first image, IES or Area Light ? Nice texturing overall as well.

But for me, there are too many conflicting perspective lines, using 'Shift Lens' in KeyShot would have given you perfectly aligned verticals :)

J

Thanks Despot. I seem to have missed that option there somewhere. I'll have a play with the scene a bit more.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: JimmyToTheBe on June 12, 2016, 06:11:43 AM
Quote from: Despot on June 10, 2016, 07:45:49 AM

J

Thanks Despot. I seem to have missed that option there somewhere. I'll have a play with the scene a bit more.

Open up your camera tab and above your DoF option, you'll see it. Select shift and click 'estimate vertical shift' and you'll be in business. Nice work.

syrom

Hard critic here. I tend to go for hyper realism. On these shots its lacking that. Seems flat to me. Like global illumination is drowned out. Maybe thats it. I like to start with a clay render and see how GI looks without any other lights. Then i apply other lights and tweak them so i mainstain GI in the render. Other than that, some of the textures are nice. Im still new myself to KS and trying to see if it will replace my main render maxwell. Interior is my thing and ks has potential from what i have seen on some interiors ppl have posted.

JimmyToTheBe

Quote from: Will Gibbons on June 13, 2016, 10:12:10 AM

Open up your camera tab and above your DoF option, you'll see it. Select shift and click 'estimate vertical shift' and you'll be in business. Nice work.

Thanks for this Will. I'll give this a go. This is could be a revelation for me.

JimmyToTheBe

Ok this time I'v done something a little different. I just wanted to experiment with creating a nicely lit up scene that can be used for future interior shots. Again using Junction Fifteens furniture http://junctionfifteen.com/collection.html as my focus for filling the scene.

I started a material discussion for a problem i had with frosting / condensation on a glass material for the second scene. I think I there with achieving the right look and feel, especially the night time scene.

TyRuben

Very cool -- thank you for sharing -- !

Now I will have to try an interior.

Added to list.