Window has no reflaction

Started by Zvi, June 25, 2016, 04:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zvi

Although there is a Glass Window material on the windows they looked just black without reflections of the environment Hdr image, as you can see in the attached image.

Chad Holton

I see a reflection in the 1st floor glass. Maybe your HDR has a lot of black on that side. Try a stock outdoor HDR to see if it makes a difference.

Zvi

Quote from: Chad Holton on June 26, 2016, 05:35:27 AM
I see a reflection in the 1st floor glass. Maybe your HDR has a lot of black on that side. Try a stock outdoor HDR to see if it makes a difference.
I tried a lot of HDR images, but I have not seen any improvement. Maybe someone can upload an HDR image which solve this problem.

richardfunnell

You may want to enable the "Product" Lighting preset. This ensures that you have Global Illumination enabled, as well as a higher ray bounce value.

Zvi

Quote from: richardfunnell on June 27, 2016, 06:25:45 AM
You may want to enable the "Product" Lighting preset. This ensures that you have Global Illumination enabled, as well as a higher ray bounce value.
As you can see in the attached screenshot there is already GI and a lot of raybounces.

Chad Holton

Hello,

Would you be able to share the scene? If so, please send us the ksp file.  To save  a ksp file:

1.  Open your scene
2.  Go to File > Save Package
3.  Name your file

You can send the file securely via keyshot.wetransfer.com to: support@luxion.com

Chad

Zvi

Finally I found an HDR image that causes reflections. This appears to be a serious challenge.

HDR image found suitable, that causes reflections. This appears to be a serious challenge.

Speedster

There's another trick, but it may be difficult with an arch model. 

Bring in a vertical plane.  Apply a JPEG of your choice. Move it around until the JPEG reflects in the glass.

Of course the plane has to be just out of the camera sight lines.

Bill G

Zvi

Quote from: Speedster on June 27, 2016, 03:24:31 PM
There's another trick, but it may be difficult with an arch model. 

Bring in a vertical plane.  Apply a JPEG of your choice. Move it around until the JPEG reflects in the glass.

Of course the plane has to be just out of the camera sight lines.

Bill G
Thank you. But there should be a way to make the plane with the image to be invisible, and to affect only the reflections on the windows, and without shadows.

guest84672

Use the emissive material and leave the intensity at 1.

Chad Holton

Thanks for sending your file. I just checked it out and see that you're using the default environment, which will not reflect a sky. Are you confusing the backplate and environment perhaps?

Try this:

- Go to the Library>Environment tab and under the Outdoor folder, drag and drop in one of those (to reflect a sky)
- Now, go to the Project>Environment tab, adjust the size and height slider to taste

Also, if you want the glass to reflect the environment a bit more, adjust the window's (glass material) refraction index to a higher value.

Here's my result: