3 General Questions....

Started by j42000000, July 08, 2016, 04:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j42000000

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help answer the following 3 questions?
(For the record I have Keyshot 5 Pro)

1. Where do I find my Keyshot serial number?

2. Does Keyshot 5 support 3Ds Max animations? I am using MAX 2016 and have tried exporting my project as a .BIP file and an .FBX with 'Animations', 'Cameras' and 'Media' checked in the export options, but when I open it in Keyshot it has none of these options.

3. Does KEYSHOT 5 have a 3Ds Max Plugin Toolbar and if so where can I find it?
(Toolbar shown in this video: https://youtu.be/yei0huI2ck8)

Many Thanks

theAVator

I believe I can help with a few, but will need other more Max-centric users to fill in the rest.

1. Go up to the menu bar in KS5 > click on Help > click on Show License Information
That will show your serial number for the software.

2. I'm not 100%, but I think it does. The caveat though is you would need the Animations add-on for KS5. KS5 Pro doesn't come bundled with Animations like KS6 Pro does. So if you hadn't purchased the add-on, then you won't be able to work with animations regardless of importing them. If you DO have the add-on, then it's a likely a setup or import issue - support or a more seasoned MAX user could help out with that.

3. Not sure - I don't use it enough to comment. (I have it, but rarely use MAX. Most of my models come in other forms from design engineers)

guest84672

@3 - yes it does.

And correct, you will need the animation add-on which is now standard with KeyShot 6 Pro. So you will need to purchase the upgrade.

TpwUK

Question 1 is already answered.

Question 2 = FBX only animations in v5 KS or as shown in video per frame BIP export so only cameras and non deformation based animations with FBX ... Need v6 to get Alembic Cache support.

Question 3 = I am pretty certain that the video you show is v6 KS  because as far as i remember v5 does not have scripting support

You will probably need to contact Luxion directly to get the old v5 Max plugin - Make sure it supports Max 2016 though :)

Martin

Chad Holton