My white product is grainy when rendered

Started by Bj, July 18, 2016, 11:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bj

When I leave my product open in Keyshot, finally the screen gets rid of the grainy surfaces but when I actually render to save an image, the result is very grainy. I really want to keep self-shadows (without, the result just looks like my CAD model). So I think my wuestion is, what are the settings to render a file with the same result as keyshot actually does when you open a file and just wait long enough..

NM-92

Hi Bj. You can try rendering in max samples mode. In my personal experience i set it to 1000 samples and wait, usually i have a good render when it hits about 40-50%, so i can stop and save it. Everything depends on the geometry you are working with and what materials are you apllying to it. Also, you can try different illumination presets, having in mind that this will increase the render time depending on what preset you use. Hope i was clear enough.

maf1909

Quote from: Bj on July 18, 2016, 11:12:49 AM
When I leave my product open in Keyshot, finally the screen gets rid of the grainy surfaces but when I actually render to save an image, the result is very grainy. I really want to keep self-shadows (without, the result just looks like my CAD model). So I think my wuestion is, what are the settings to render a file with the same result as keyshot actually does when you open a file and just wait long enough..

turn on the HUD (hotkey H, at least on windows) so you can see how many  samples the real-time view has done, and you'll know how many samples you have to run in your render to get rid of the grainyness.

Bj