Main Menu

Noise

Started by Zvi, July 20, 2016, 01:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zvi

As you can see in the attached image there is a lot of noise in the aluminum panels. I tried to create a 30 sec animation, but  I stopped when I recognized that it took 30 min per frame (480p) and still there is that noise.

guest84672

You may want to increase the amount of samples in the aluminum. What is your setup, i.e lighting mode, render mode etc.?

Zvi

Quote from: thomasteger on July 20, 2016, 01:29:02 PM
You may want to increase the amount of samples in the aluminum. What is your setup, i.e lighting mode, render mode etc.?
All the information is in the attached images.

guest84672

You certainly don't need 60 bounces. Dial that back to 6 bounces and then increase the number of samples.

guest84672

Also I can see that you are running 6.0. You should upgrade to the latest build.

Zvi

Quote from: thomasteger on July 20, 2016, 02:30:10 PM
You certainly don't need 60 bounces. Dial that back to 6 bounces and then increase the number of samples.
Where can I increase the samples of the aluminum?

guest84672

Click on the arrow  next to roughness. But you should also increase Max Samples if you insist on using that. Or use advanced control.

Zvi

Quote from: thomasteger on July 20, 2016, 04:53:31 PM
Click on the arrow  next to roughness. But you should also increase Max Samples if you insist on using that. Or use advanced control.
Thank you. It really solved the noise of the aluminum. I defined 6 bounces, 60  aluminum samples, and 30 Samples Per Frame. It took 5 min per frame.
But now there is a lot of noise on the stone wall, as you can see in the attached image.

bdesign

You need more than 6 ray bounces for the opacity maps on your tree leaves to render correctly; you can see the black background on many of your sprites.

Eric

guest84672

Adjust the ray bounces in realtime to see how many bounces you need.

Zvi

Quote from: thomasteger on July 21, 2016, 11:42:09 AM
Adjust the ray bounces in realtime to see how many bounces you need.
After increasing the raybounces t0 30 it takes 45 min per frame! It seems that despite all the advantages of KeyShot it is not the address for animating a residential building.

guest84672

You also have lots of leaves with translucent material in the scene. This is a complex material that will increase your render times significantly.

Zvi

Quote from: thomasteger on July 21, 2016, 02:29:41 PM
You also have lots of . This is a complex material that will increase your render times significantly.
Is there any decent substitute to the leaves with the translucent material in the scene?

guest86847

@Zvi: How many sample did you use for your aluminum material in the end?

Zvi

Quote from: Armill on August 07, 2016, 04:54:41 AM
@Zvi: How many sample did you use for your aluminum material in the end?