Environment changes at random?

Started by maf1909, July 27, 2016, 09:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maf1909

I keep having a problem with my environment changing to the startup environment at random.  It seems like sometimes when I save, or am working in the HDRI Editor, it flips back to the startup environment.  It happened last night to a dozen files I had added to the queue. 

I'm on the most recent version of keyshot, and don't even have my default environment set as the startup.

bdesign

This same thing was driving me nuts one day, and I finally discovered that I had somehow inadvertently enabled the "Performance Mode" button on the ribbon. Once I disabled it, all was good again. Hope this helps. Let me know if this does the trick.

Eric

maf1909

Quote from: bdesign on July 27, 2016, 11:12:48 AM
This same thing was driving me nuts one day, and I finally discovered that I had somehow inadvertently enabled the "Performance Mode" button on the ribbon. Once I disabled it, all was good again. Hope this helps. Let me know if this does the trick.

Eric

definitely not performance mode.  The environment itself is actually changing.

Robb63

I wonder if your computer is pulling the environments you want from a server (or other remote drive), and if it has any issues connecting as it runs through the queue, then it reverts to the default HDRI?

I've had similar issues with the queue and placed decals in Keyshot. Once I changed them to a local folder they stopped disappearing.

maf1909

Quote from: Robb63 on July 27, 2016, 11:19:10 AM
I wonder if your computer is pulling the environments you want from a server (or other remote drive), and if it has any issues connecting as it runs through the queue, then it reverts to the default HDRI?

I've had similar issues with the queue and placed decals in Keyshot. Once I changed them to a local folder they stopped disappearing.

I thought the same thing, but everything is local

bdesign

Quote from: maf1909 on July 27, 2016, 11:13:49 AM
definitely not performance mode.  The environment itself is actually changing.

Yes. The environment was actually changing for me, too. And if I recall correctly, I think it was happening after saving new viewsets.

Eric

guest84672

Did you save the HDRIs you were working on?

maf1909

Quote from: thomasteger on July 28, 2016, 05:26:23 PM
Did you save the HDRIs you were working on?

of course, so at least when I notice it switch (if I notice it switch) I can just reload the saved one.

Chad Holton

I'll test it out. Any tips on how I can recreate the issue?

maf1909

Quote from: Chad Holton on July 29, 2016, 05:55:54 AM
I'll test it out. Any tips on how I can recreate the issue?

i haven't had time to dial in what causes it.  Usually it happens when the hdri editor is open and I'm making changes to it.  The environment I'm using is 8000x4000 black I found from a forum post, with a few lights added.