Main Menu

Bottle design advice

Started by zooropa, August 03, 2016, 03:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zooropa

Hi. I am trying to finish this render of a bottle that I have designed.
I am still not sure about the brand labeling.

I am still trying to get an effect that do not know how to achieve in Keyshot. I would like to make a test with the brand as a sectorized lacquered typography. I have try with the label future and also modeling the brand and assagning a shiny transparent material, then interesecting it with the bottle.
Is it possible my hdr is not the proper one ? It looked like good till I start to play with the label.

I would appreciate an opinion regarding the look of both samples attached here.

Kind regards

Thanks

Chad Holton

The second image looks great. As for the first one and trying to get a lacquered look, it may be a bit harder since it is already a bright color as a reflection/highlight can't make it much brighter. Try temporarily changing it to a darker color or black and then adjusting the HDR (or adding a pin) to highlight the area. Then adjust the logo color to something closer to a really light gray so you still have a glossy look.

zooropa

Quote from: Chad Holton on August 03, 2016, 05:52:59 AM
The second image looks great. As for the first one and trying to get a lacquered look, it may be a bit harder since it is already a bright color as a reflection/highlight can't make it much brighter. Try temporarily changing it to a darker color or black and then adjusting the HDR (or adding a pin) to highlight the area. Then adjust the logo color to something closer to a really light gray so you still have a glossy look.
Thanks a lot.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Won't you look at that. Local merchandise! Looks great :)