Ability to amend/remove region render from queued scenes

Started by guest83783, August 31, 2016, 03:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest83783

I wasn't paying attention and hadn't noticed that I'd selected a tiny corner of the scene to render...  Now that I've spent a while messing around with views (and not always updating scene sets as it's a quick job) means that I have a suite of images queued which I can't use.

It'd be handy if there is an option to remove region render from a queued scene at the click of a button.

I'm using Keyshot 5

Cheers

Andy

guest83783

When rendering products, rather than rendering scenes I often render by region depending what parts/repetition I need to output.

Please could you add a region list so that I don't have to keep drawing a box by hand for each pass?

As an example, if I'm rendering a box on a surface I will draw a region around the box and render it but then i'll turn on a ground plane which has a reflection and then draw another region to render only the first 10th of the box and some of the ground plane. 

I've been rendering a product on and off for a client, same box, different graphics but I have to draw a new region each time - it's labour intensive.

Cheers

Andy

bdesign

Quote from: 2DCube on August 31, 2016, 03:42:25 AM
I wasn't paying attention and hadn't noticed that I'd selected a tiny corner of the scene to render...  Now that I've spent a while messing around with views (and not always updating scene sets as it's a quick job) means that I have a suite of images queued which I can't use.

It'd be handy if there is an option to remove region render from a queued scene at the click of a button.

I'm using Keyshot 5

Cheers

Andy
Andy-

If you haven't yet processed or deleted at least one of the suite of "unusable" images from the queue, you can rescue them and disable the region render, then re-queue them, even if you have deleted or changed the original cameras and/or scene sets. For Windows OS: Navigate to your Documents>KeyShot>Scenes folder and find the EXT files created by the render queue. Right-click on one of them, choose "Open with" and select KeyShot. The file will open with everything in the same state as when you first queued the images-  cameras, scene sets and all.  Disable the region render, save as a new BIP file, and re-queue the original scene sets and/or cameras. Depending on the order in which the images were queued and the cameras/viewsets were changed, you may need to open more than one of the EXT files to retrieve the whole suite. Hope this helps you out.

Cheers,
Eric

bdesign

Quote from: 2DCube on September 01, 2016, 06:11:40 AM
When rendering products, rather than rendering scenes I often render by region depending what parts/repetition I need to output.

Please could you add a region list so that I don't have to keep drawing a box by hand for each pass?

As an example, if I'm rendering a box on a surface I will draw a region around the box and render it but then i'll turn on a ground plane which has a reflection and then draw another region to render only the first 10th of the box and some of the ground plane. 

I've been rendering a product on and off for a client, same box, different graphics but I have to draw a new region each time - it's labour intensive.

Cheers

Andy
Hey Andy-

A workaround you might want to try is to use the Revision Manager (Edit>Preferences>General>Backup Revisions, enable "Create a serialized backup with each save"). Set a region, save your file. Set another region, save your file, and so on. Then, you can go to File>Revision Manager and choose the revision that has the desired region, and click "Revert to selected version". The example image shows four regions selected in this manner.

Cheers,
Eric