Labels applying incorrectly

Started by ChristiaanSidell, August 31, 2016, 07:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChristiaanSidell

I work with packaging and electronics so applying labels to boxes and device screens is frequent.  Every time I apply a label to a package face it comes in very distorted and I have to use reset to make it show correctly.  Then the angle is always off. Even box mapping is off angle.  This never used to be an issue and it's getting frustrating.  We have to do displays with many packages on them and we are wasting a lot of time to correct this.  Any help would be appreciated.

Dell Precision T7910 Workstation
Dual 20 core Xeon
Quadro K2000
Windows 8
Keyshot 6.2
Solidworks 2016 / Rhino 3d 5

guest84672

Make sure to change the projection method. It sounds like you are using normal mapping and are applying the label at an angle. Normal projection applies the label from your current camera position.

It sounds like you want "planar projection". Also, make sure to check the DPI option, and enter the proper DPI for your label. If you designed the labels to scale they will fall right into place.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: ChristiaanSidell on August 31, 2016, 07:04:57 AM
I work with packaging and electronics so applying labels to boxes and device screens is frequent.  Every time I apply a label to a package face it comes in very distorted and I have to use reset to make it show correctly.  Then the angle is always off. Even box mapping is off angle.  This never used to be an issue and it's getting frustrating.  We have to do displays with many packages on them and we are wasting a lot of time to correct this.  Any help would be appreciated.

Dell Precision T7910 Workstation
Dual 20 core Xeon
Quadro K2000
Windows 8
Keyshot 6.2
Solidworks 2016 / Rhino 3d 5

ChristiaanSidell, if you haven't watched it yet, this video may be of some help and shows the DPI settings and explains how the default mapping mode in KeyShot works for labels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3t9e26f3TY