Audi S5 advertisement test

Started by Nils Piirma, September 10, 2016, 06:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nils Piirma

Been a while, today I got bored again. And we all know what happens when Nils gets bored... :D

Here's a test render I did using evermotion's arch exteriors for cars, the concrete scene.

The bottom one is the one i started out with.

marcusha

Great work, love the lighting setup! But to me it seems like the scale of the texture used on the ground is too big. Makes the sceene look small :)

michaelahybelova

I have to agree with marcusha, texture seems way to scaled. Anyway, gj :)

NM-92

This is one of my favourite renders of yours Nils.

Speedster

Hey, Nils- I agree, this is one of your best, and you always set a very high bar.

This came in some weeks ago from SolidSmack, and I keep wanting to share it with you car guys.  We get inspiration from many sources, as you all know.  I may order this book!  http://www.solidsmack.com/design/automobile-design-graphics-dives-incredible-history-500-automobile-brochures/

Bill G

LayC42

I like the light setup as well the balanced colors. But what did you do with the concrete to get this high reflections? (It reflects like a half mile racing track.)
I would never criticize the car render, 'cause I'm galaxies behind that quality!

I pull my hat (translated german phrase - to show respect)

Nils Piirma

Quote from: LayC42 on September 11, 2016, 04:46:42 AM
I like the light setup as well the balanced colors. But what did you do with the concrete to get this high reflections? (It reflects like a half mile racing track.)
I would never criticize the car render, 'cause I'm galaxies behind that quality!

I pull my hat (translated german phrase - to show respect)

I used a paint material, added some textures incl. bump map, then played around with refraction and roughness.

Thanks :) and so did I think when i looked at Tim's rendering around 4 years ago, but now I'm thinking that I'm reaching his level of rendering in a year or so :)

Nils Piirma

Quote from: michaelahybelova on September 10, 2016, 08:04:30 AM
I have to agree with marcusha, texture seems way to scaled. Anyway, gj :)

IDK, seems okay for me, the texture map size. Other than that, thanks :)

Nils Piirma

Nils Piirma

Quote from: Speedster on September 10, 2016, 12:54:56 PM
Hey, Nils- I agree, this is one of your best, and you always set a very high bar.

This came in some weeks ago from SolidSmack, and I keep wanting to share it with you car guys.  We get inspiration from many sources, as you all know.  I may order this book!  http://www.solidsmack.com/design/automobile-design-graphics-dives-incredible-history-500-automobile-brochures/

Bill G

In terms of setting the bar high, Still, there a tons of people out there that can do way better than me, in terms of the book, whooosh, i'mma get me one too :) some really great ideas in there :)