Reorganizing the Scene Parts tree without corrupting materials applied to parts

Started by monson67, September 16, 2016, 07:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

monson67

For me, organization is critical. In KeyShot's current form, it seems that moving parts around in the parts list can be detrimental to your project since it can change the materials and labels of some parts, and it can be very difficult to identify which parts have been affected.

I know that, ideally, I should organize my parts before I start applying materials. That's great in theory, but things change as the project progresses, and in practice, being organized from the start is not realistic.

I have no idea what it would take to iron this out, but it would be greatly appreciated.

guest84672

Moving parts doesn't change materials. Do you have an example that shows what problems you are having?

monson67

KeyShot warns you that it could happen. I've attached a screenshot of the warning. I do not have an example at this moment of this happening, but it's affected me a number of times. Maybe I wasn't clear about what the issue was in my initial post. If so, my apologies.

sethcshort

I too would like to be able to re-organize my scene in KeyShot without worry about textures breaking.