A more comprehensive help manual with step by step instructions

Started by luciel, September 30, 2016, 01:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luciel

What I would like to see in Keyshot is a more comprehensive help manual with step by step written instructions.

guest84672

Have you checked out the online manual?

As far as step by step instructions go, make sure to check out our blog posts and quick tips: https://www.keyshot.com/help/

luciel

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes I've checked out the online manual, but I find that it tends to describe what each option does, instead of explaining how to use the features and options to achieve a specific task. As well, it sometimes omits to describe some options, for example the "Use Diffuse Map Alpha" option in the Advanced Material types. As for the quick tips in video format, it's just my personal preference but I prefer to read out instructions instead of watching a video which is time consuming when you're just looking for a quick answer. Mind you I am a beginner to Keyshot so maybe my lack of general knowledge of 3d software is not helping.  :)

Arian Shamil

Luciel, try to look the manual and all the training materials on Youtube Keyshot Channel

There are tons of useful videos on their youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/KeyShot3D/playlists

;)

Will Gibbons

Quote from: luciel on October 03, 2016, 02:41:42 PM
Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes I've checked out the online manual, but I find that it tends to describe what each option does, instead of explaining how to use the features and options to achieve a specific task. As well, it sometimes omits to describe some options, for example the "Use Diffuse Map Alpha" option in the Advanced Material types. As for the quick tips in video format, it's just my personal preference but I prefer to read out instructions instead of watching a video which is time consuming when you're just looking for a quick answer. Mind you I am a beginner to Keyshot so maybe my lack of general knowledge of 3d software is not helping.  :)

We're always open to suggestions, so feel free to ask or list out the kinds of instructions you'd like to see! The main reason we don't have comprehensive step-by-step instructions is because there are many ways to reach a result and each kind of image/animation requires a different process. It would be nearly impossible to cover every scenario. If you haven't looked at the blog, we often add long-form step-by-step processes of achieving a specific look or result. Those go up about every one or two weeks, so be sure to check them out!