Environemnt numbers don't match dragging

Started by Robb63, January 11, 2011, 11:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robb63

I've noticed if I click/drag the environment around to light the scene interactively; then write down the rotation of the environment. If i move the environment around then type in the rotation to get it back to where it was it doesn't match the lighting I got by dragging.

Is this a know issue, or just me?

Thanks,
Rob

guest84672

Can't reproduce. You are on the latest build - 2.1.25?

Robb63

Yep, I'm on 2.1.25
I think this must be a semi-recent issue for me last couple of builds I'd noticed it, but assumed maybe it had always done it so I didn't post anything about it until yesterday

guest84672

I vaguely remember an issue - but that was early v2.

m2tts

I have noticed the same issue. I'm rendering a series of concepts and I take note of the environment rotation for each view. When I import the next concept the environment rotation numbers do not rotate the environment to the same position and the lighting ends up different for each concept. The cameras seem to remember their position; why not the environment?

JeffM

You guys are right, there's a bug with this still.

I'll track it down and we'll get it fixed.

For now, if you need to make sure you have the environment right where you want it, just use the slider in the menu rather than the hotkey to rotate the environment.

m2tts

I have been using the slider in the menu and entering numbers in the dilogue box. Same numbers for rotation do not equate to same rotation of the environment.

JeffM

Interesting, for me the problem really only seems to be showing when using the slider/typing/hotkey all together...

Like I said though, I'll test this further and get it fixed.

One option would be to set up your camera and environment in one file, then just import your new models into that bip file. You're able to clear out the old models by disabling the "merge with current scene" option.

m2tts

Quote from: JeffM on January 21, 2011, 01:51:10 PM
One option would be to set up your camera and environment in one file, then just import your new models into that bip file. You're able to clear out the old models by disabling the "merge with current scene" option.

That is exactly what I am doing, and on import of the new model the environment rotation takes on a new "rotation origin". 

Robb63

Just downloaded the beta Keyshot 2.2.33 the two still don't match.

Thanks