Any ways to solve this?

Started by lsh999, October 06, 2016, 01:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lsh999

I was texturing halfway when this happen. Unknown black line appears on all my objects and background seems to have some rendering error. Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

TpwUK

When exporting your model, if going to OBJ make sure welded seams is set to on/true

Martin

lsh999

Hi Martin,
Thank you for your reply. I can't find the welded seams option in Maya. There was no option like this when i'm trying to export to obj format.

TpwUK

Maya should do automatic welded seams using native *.ma or *mb

Are you using the Maya plugin ?

Martin

lsh999

Hi Martin,

I have a plug in in Maya that allows me to export the 3d model directly to Keyshot. 

TpwUK

Try saving your model out as .ma or .mb whichever you prefer and then instead of using the plugin, launch KS directly and import using KeyShot and see if that makes a difference - It's possible if you have recently updated Maya 2017 to sp1 it might have broken something in the plugin.

Martin

guest84672

did you drag a texture onto the background and apply it as a backplate?

lsh999

Hi,

@thomasteger  No i didn't. I used a standard 2 panels 2k light for the background.

@Martin Ok, i will try that. 

guest84672

What you used as lighting has nothing to do with using a backplate or not. It does look like a textured object though.

lsh999

I used a default lighting environment option. I imported the obj file but the same error occur again after i added in some materials to my 3d objects.

TpwUK

This is looking more like Thomas was suggesting, Have you created a ground plane in Maya ? If yes, are you adding another ground plane from KS edit/Add Geometry ? If so, use one or the other not both.

If it's a Maya ground plane only, then set the material type to Ground, if you have your own texture you want to use then set mapping to UV after adding your own material/texture.

See if any of that helps

Martin

lsh999

I didn't use any texture for the background. And i didn't create any ground plane neither in Maya nor Keyshot.

soren

How large is your model in scene units? (Go to the scene tree and select the model. In the Properties tab below the tree there will be a "Size")

/Søren

lsh999

guest84672