Main Menu

Jet Fighter Bust

Started by __davidschultz__, October 06, 2016, 07:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

__davidschultz__

Jet fighter bust. I'm trying to learn some new things. It's still pretty loose, but after watching Peter Konig's talk at the Zbrush Summit, I decided to move on and focus on getting more ideas out. It's about 90% Zbrush with some addons made in Fusion 360. It is rendered in Keyshot with post work in Photoshop.

TpwUK

It works for me, looks like a hand painted pewter figurine, and I always enjoy seeing them ;)

Martin

__davidschultz__

marcusha

I might have read the title as; Jet Fight bus, and gotten really excited..  ;D
This didnt dissappoint though! Great work!

guest84672

Very nice. A little "hot" on the left shoulder. May want to rotate that HDRI a bit, or move it up by changing the height parameter.

Finema

Really nice  ;)
Just the clipping is a little too strong between the character and the background

__davidschultz__

Thank you very much!  Thanks for the feedback.

thomasteger: You are probably right. I pushed up the highlights a bit in PS, and I may have gone a touch too hot.
Finema:  Do you mean the contrast?  I really like it, but I could be wrong.  Maybe, it's fighting too much.  I'll try another background again.  I could be wrong.

[edit]: I updated the lighting to remove some of the strength of the glare. I overrode the image linked in this thread with the new one, so you won't have much to compare/contrast, but thanks for the feedback one. I'm going to do one more with a very different lighting set up just for fun.

__davidschultz__

I made a more Dark Side version of this Jet Fighter Bust.
Higher res here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/3ZeKD

Josh3D

Ooo, yeah, loving the dark version.

__davidschultz__

Finema

Yes it's awesome with the dark background  ;)

__davidschultz__

Finema: Thank you and thanks for the feedback!

Chad Holton

Looks great, David.  8) Prefer the dark background too.

guest84672

YES! The dark version is awesome!

__davidschultz__

Thank you very much, Thomas and Chad!