Blender 2.78 new Alembic Cache export tested with KeyShot 6.2.105

Started by TpwUK, October 06, 2016, 02:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TpwUK

Quote from: riddickuliss on February 09, 2017, 10:19:10 AM
Not sure if it was the file, but after following a simple tutorial on creating a wave with a torus I was able to get this to work.

I'm still baffled as to what/why one worked and one did not. I have a lot to learn...
I can only assume that you need to run/play the Blender sequence at least once to have the cache available for exporting.

Martin

riddickuliss

Quote from: TpwUK on February 09, 2017, 10:38:06 AM
Quote from: riddickuliss on February 09, 2017, 10:19:10 AM
Not sure if it was the file, but after following a simple tutorial on creating a wave with a torus I was able to get this to work.

I'm still baffled as to what/why one worked and one did not. I have a lot to learn...
I can only assume that you need to run/play the Blender sequence at least once to have the cache available for exporting.

Martin

I ran the it a few times, I tried baking it too to see if that might do something. No luck.

I just tried a to export an Alembic file of a  fluid simulation and had the same issue. It only brings in the first scene, then when I use the Script for Rendering Deformable Sofy Bodies it only renders that same frame (as many times as frames specified).

TpwUK

I will look into it with soft body as I haven't really played with exporting fluid sims yet.

Martin

TpwUK

Checked it here with soft body and you need to use 'current cache to bake', you should see the animation timeline change colour, you should then be able to export as abc

Martin

riddickuliss

I just tried that, no luck for me.

Not sure what it is, but the only "soft body" animations I am able to get to work out of blender using the Script at the moment are by adding "Wave" in the modifier. I'll keep trying, thanks for getting back to me.