Render Elements

Started by Johnjoti, January 11, 2011, 10:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

It's good to see users experimenting with ways to add flare to their renders.

I plan to get this flare plug-in for After Effects:
http://www.videocopilot.net/products/opticalflares/

Even though After Effects is for motion graphics and visual effects, a lot of people use it for post work on still renders as well.

Ed

JohnG

Here's a plugin for Photoshop and After Effects which does much the same thing.

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/products/all/knoll-light-factory-ps/

Chad Holton

Both of those plugins look fantastic!
Please post any KeyShot post work creations you have made.

JeffM

Very cool stuff.

Flare effects and such would be a natural progression of the work we've done with the "bloom" effect in 2.1, so hopefully we can get that in there soon :)

Johnjoti

Quote from: JeffM on January 23, 2011, 11:56:59 AM
Very cool stuff.

Flare effects and such would be a natural progression of the work we've done with the "bloom" effect in 2.1, so hopefully we can get that in there soon :)

I'll hope that you will be able to create and add this unusual effect to the Keyshot :)

Quote from: cholton on January 22, 2011, 08:04:43 PM
Here's another one. I bumped up the render settings a little on this one, for a more crisp turnout and a few tweaks. No turntable, just a couple of shots. The first one is straight outta KS and the other has a hint of sparkle and glow - just enough without getting carried away with it.

Quote from: cholton on January 09, 2011, 07:57:33 AM
I created 2 versions slightly different from one another using Jeff's diamond. The "no_flare" is straight from KS with only the logo. The other I added a teaspoon of flare.

Flashes on you scene whith teapot and diamond scene look pretty cool!!
But still I recommend to make them more significant

Can you write in detail how you set up the flares?

Chad Holton

Quote from: JeffM on January 23, 2011, 11:56:59 AM
Very cool stuff.

Awesome! Soon as in 2.2?  ::)

Quote from: Johnjoti on January 23, 2011, 04:28:01 PM

Flashes on you scene whith teapot and diamond scene look pretty cool!!
But still I recommend to make them more significant

Can you write in detail how you set up the flares?

Thanks, John!
I'm still figuring out a way to add the bright flashes like in some of the real diamond videos. I think I'm close... Yes, I will try and get something together this week or so, on how to create the flares.

JeffM

Not 2.2 soon  ;)

2.2 is quite a nice version though. We're at Solidworks World showing it now and the feedback is very positive :)